Thread: Will Kensington MouseWorks with OS X Lion?

Will Kensington MouseWorks with OS X Lion?

Friends, I am having some problem related with the Kensington Turbo Mouse. The problem is that with this mouse now no multiple clicks, no click and drag, and no speed. For that reason I have also asked with the Kensington site and there they told me that I have not this is due to I have not updated the drivers for that. For that I downloaded the latest drivers and installed them into my system. But there I found that still having the same problem. So I came here to know about some other software for thhs mouse. And also I would like to know that is Kensington MouseWorks with OS X Lion? If so then I think that this will be the best driver for my mouse. Please suggest me back that Kensington MouseWorks with OS X Lion or not. And also suggest me that what can I do?

Re: Will Kensington MouseWorks with OS X Lion?

For that reason I have contacted with the Kensington, and they told that there is no need to update for the software. Here I can that you would like to program the buttons on the mouse model 72127. They regret to tell you that your mouse cannot be programmed on a Mac ten.7 operating method. but the MouseWorks application is not compatible on Mac. They would like to tell you that Kensington Mouseworks have been discontinued in 2006 & in mean while there were lots of updates in Mac OS. In this regard, they would like to tell you that Kensington has no application compatible for Windows 7 In this regard, they regret to tell you that, they do not have any plan to upgrade Mouseworks application & also there is no patch to fix the issue. They apologize for any inconvenience caused. Thank you. Kensington Computer Products Group Regards, but I would guess that there is a genius out there somewhere that can discover a patch to fix this.

Here in this case, I think that it not support the OS X Lion, but here you can think that they will update it quickly for the support.

I can say that in the meantime I discovered that only on the US site Professional Mouse there is no program for Lion. But I found suitable TrackballWorks program on the Kensington 2010 and a Beta-version of July 2011. Since the 2010 version works fine under Lion I am happy with it. And also in your case I hope this will helps youwith solving this type of the issue with elderly Kensington program.

Before your suggestion, I was thinking to use the Kensington MouseWorks with the OS X Lion , but now I came to know that it is not compatible with the LION, and also thanks for suggesting me that. Now I have decided for the using the TrackballWorks program with the mouse which I am using with the new installation of the LION.