Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error "Installation may take several minutes. Please wait..." on Windows 7 SP1

Operating Systems

Old 27-09-2011

Error "Installation may take several minutes. Please wait..." on Windows 7 SP1

Last one month I had work on windows 7 service pack 1 OS which is running on the Samsung RF711 laptop. I buy this laptop in before six month. Now the problem arrives on this laptop is that when I try to start this laptop then it gives error message and nothing will be happen on that laptop. The error message as ?Installation may take several minutes. Please wait...? It takes so much time but can?t helpful to remove this task. Thanks.

Old 27-09-2011

re: Samsung RF711 - Error "Installation may take several minutes. Please wait..." coming on Windows 7 SP1

First of all you need to check the installation files that you use for installation. It is necessary to check out these things for solving troubles. The installation files might be making some changes on this startup process and hence the startup routine not works onto it. Hence check such files and use another if it contains trouble.
Old 27-09-2011

re: Samsung RF711 - Error "Installation may take several minutes. Please wait..." coming on Windows 7 SP1

I had not tried to do any installation on it. Hence there is no such kind of things on it. Before facing this problem one week before I did any program installation on it.
Old 27-09-2011

This type of problem arrives on the windows based system when your network could have a firewall or proxy in position that is stop the installer from accessing the Web Key Delivery site. This is mainly happen because of the firewall of the system restrict the system to load the necessary support files onto that laptop.
Old 27-09-2011

Yes, I have experience about it and hence I think either disabling the firewall or proxy server may help you a lot. there is a option for Windows Firewall to be on or off with Private networks and Public networks. Try this option and see what happen onto it. i hope that you can find the way to do this disabling firewall task on it.
Old 27-09-2011

Last week I faced the same kind of problem and that time I had no idea about what to do and what not. Then I just follow instruction mentioned on one article. First I did start laptop in safe mode. Then I set the firewall mode to be disabled. It works and finally the error of the system has not been arrived. I had not used this laptop for the network but I don’t know how this firewall sets to the enabled mode. You can also try this and check the problem arrives onto it. Your firewall software no longer works correctly with Seven SP1. hence it gives you the similar kind of problem. you need to check the system firewall and if the same thing happen on it then disable this firewall program. this is necessary if the similar type of problem arrives on it.
Old 27-09-2011

One of the main reason behind this problem is could be the malware. Yes, it happens because of the malware. Hence I suggest to you that try to remove this malware from your laptop system. This might be works and in response you could be able to start this laptop without getting any error message.
Old 27-09-2011

Did you try to avoid this error message by pressing X button onto it? If not then try it and check what happen on it. This will be work few times and may be its just indication and nothing. I had the same trouble and I was able to solve it using the similar strategy. Few of the other solutions also present and they are Remove / uninstall your Anti-Virus Software Package. Reboot.
Old 27-09-2011

It could be possible that to just starting the laptop on the safe mode will might be solve your problem. This safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows 7. I must tell you that the safe mode has only load necessary programs onto it. Safe mode starts your computer with a minimal set of drivers and services. Hence if you try to use safe mode on it then it will be avoid such error message by avoiding extra unnecessary support files. Then next time it will be avoid such bugs automatically. This doesn't happens also if you can try to run your windows 7 from safe mode.
Old 27-09-2011

You can also try to restore the setting of the laptop by using the restore option. Yes, this will be work to solve such troubles. Windows 7 has inbuilt restore option. Use that option. Other option to do this same restoring task is by tap the F4 Key at the Samsung logo when you first power on the computer.
Old 28-09-2011

If this all the solution not works then you need to use either update or the installation task on it. Try to update the windows 7 OS on laptop. If it not works then you can also use the reinstallation process onto it. In such process you need to just try to do formatting the OS drive and then using installation CD install fresh win 7 SP1 on it. This will be help to solve your problem.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,