Thread: - My windows 7 is stuck at the "setup starting repair"

- My windows 7 is stuck at the "setup starting repair"

I am having windows 7 as my operating system and preciously I was getting a blue screen problem because of which I was suggested by a good friend of mine to reset it to factory default. So I started the process but now I am getting stuck when the setup is starting their services’ have tried a no of times but I was not able to solve it out. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and have a idea about this and can help me out. Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: - My windows 7 is stuck at the "setup starting repair"

I have not faced the same problem but what I will suggest you to try to start in the safe mode .You can enter the safe mode by pressing the f8 and once you are able to enter the safe mode page you can use the startup option with last good configuration but then if it is not able to startup with the win 7 then it will give you a repair mode and then you can use this repair mode you can try to solve your problem. You can also try to use the repair cd to erase the data on your hard drive but then if you get any error like NTLDR then you don’t have to panic because there are many fixes for the same and one of the options is safe mode option page repair.

If you face the same problem again even after following the above steps then I will suggest you to reinstall the windows in order to avoid any more problems and reinstalling windows is not a difficult task as well but before doing the re-installation just make sure that you take a back up of your data in order to avoid any kind of data loss’s. You may find different ways of reinstalling the windows but I will suggest you to do it with the windows 7 installation disc as it makes the process much easy. Best of luck.

You can try the following steps:
    • Starting Booting the Windows 7 DVD
    • Erase the partition you don’t require
    • Then create a new partition
    • And then Install the Windows 7 in the created partition.

But make sure that you can reinstall the software’s and the drivers for your drive which are not automatically recognized by Windows 7.Hope that helps

You can also try to install Windows 7 using the Custom option without losing the data as well. What you have to do is just insert the Windows 7 installation disc and then go to start and then double click on the drive open it and then run the setup.exe and then on the install windows page follow the instruction and then click on install now and then just get the latest update to have a successful installation and then read the license terms and then after accepting it click on next and then just click on the type of installation and then click on custom and then select the drive you want to install the windows and then click on next and then click on ok on the windows.old dialog box and finish the installation. Hope that helps.

You can also try out the advanced recovery method for reinstalling the win 7 .This method actually has two option the first one is from the recovery image which you might have got from your manufacturer and the other option is to install it from the original windows installation files but if the windows seven is just not running at all then I will suggest you to use the Windows 7 installation disc. Make sure that you backup your file before reinstalling the windows 78 on any disk partition .You should also take care of the encrypted files as well because after reinstalling your current version of windows will get changed and then you won’t be able to use the encrypted files in it.

Even I have be facing the same problem and by now I have already tried to run a virus scan and I have also tried to reset it but then it is stopping at the "setup is starting services" .I have also tried to boot the machine with a boot CD called "wizard PC" which I had basically bought from ebay a long time back and I have also deleted the data on my hard drive after taking a backup and now I am trying to install windows xp but the problem is still the same.I have also tried the above solution as well but nothing seems to be helping out.Any further help will be appreciated.