Thread: HELP with os LION and airport express

HELP with os LION and airport express

Hey guys I need your help on this I of late upgraded to Lion, and am attempting to set of connections my airport express to build a wireless network using my internet modem. The Airport Express was a bought to be exact approximately 2007, so it is a little older, although I am expectant that's not a huge difficulty. but, ever since installing the integrated disk - the show tells me to open up "Airport Setup Assistant" to full the setup of the fresh network, but, when I decide on the assistant from my highlight, I am tell so as to I cannot use this edition of the appliance with my edition of Mac OS X it’s shows I have setup assistant 4.2 The similar object happens with airport admin utility that is version 4.2

I struggle come across for newer versions of these programs, however I am having problem.I've been able to download airport utility edition 5.5.3 however when I scrutinize for devices not anything comes up I am worried that with no completing the "setup" of the express it will not turn out to be locatable by the airport function, although I cannot appear to total this setup with OS Lion. do everyone have any proposal before is my airport express device to very old to use with Lion?!

Re: HELP with os LION and airport express

Well as far as I known 5.5.3 is the newest version.Is the airport express one you have have or buy used ?
    Was it working before Lion ?

Have you tried resetting the airport express? May be that make it works

Unfortunately, I hadn't used it yet, was purchased new, but was hanging on to it until I moved into my own place.

So therefore I don't know if it was working before Lion or not....

I've tried reseting the A.E., as well as my computer, modem, etc.

Since 5.5.3 is the latest version, that's to say that I shouldn't be worrying about the setup assistant, or anything like that, the A.E. should work with this newest version of airport utility, right?

thanks.

Sadly, I never used it yet, was buy new, and however was execution on to it in anticipation of I moved into my possess place. So as a result I don't identify if it was effective previous to Lion or not....I've attempt reorganize the A.E., as well as my computer, modem, etc.seeing as 5.5.3 is the most recent version, that's to speak that I shouldn't be upsetting about the setup supporter, or whatever thing like that, the A.E. should work with this newest version of airport utility, right?

thanks.

Thanks man I got it to work, just had to keep resetting things and it lastly came up I an very glad that I was in this forum I got my quarry got solved thanks once again I am glad cheers TA