Thread: How to enable backup and restore files on Windows 8

How to enable backup and restore files on Windows 8

I heard that Windows 8 has smart backup and restore feature. Through which one can simply backup applications also. I think this is the first time Windows is giving up a new feature to backup apps. This was never provided. I want to know more about the backup and restore features of Windows 8. I had got a upgrade choice on the screen. What should I do.

Windows 8 really came up with some smart features. This are innovative and give you effective backup/restore choice. One thing I know is that you can simply maintain file history in it. You can find the old version of file history and work on the same. This is also quiet effective to retrieve data. You can find the same in control panel. You have to enable that feature so that Windows 8 can maintain proper file history.

Check the below link for more information. I am not sure about the applications but you can still recover files quiet easily on your windows 8 system. You have to setup a drive for that. And the old files will be hidden but it remain saved in that place. You can then simply restore it whenever needed. I had seen nothing about restoring the applications.

Restore files or folders using File History

I am using that feature. You just have to file File history in the search box to access its settings. You have to enable a drive so that windows can maintain your records. This thing was provided in windows 7 also. When you simply right click on the file and click on properties you can simply see the version thing. This help you to keep the files saved with you. Other features are mostly related to the windows new ui. That's it.