Thread: Want to change Hard Drive Mapped to C in Windows XP Operating System

Want to change Hard Drive Mapped to C in Windows XP Operating System

For some explanation, the hard head on my framework is checked as I and not C, and this makes a point not to work well with my automatic backup system. How do I update my drive letter to C? I headed off to administration where it catalogues the drives and I attempted to update it from there but it wouldn’t spared me the time to, states Boot volume cannot be reassigned. So what need to I do?

Re: Want to change Hard Drive Mapped to C in Windows XP Operating System

Unfortunately Windows XP makes a point not to permit you to update the drive letter of your framework drive; this is a direct result of the registry having such a variety of ties into the needed framework records. It is feasible to hack the registry and get it to update the drive letter, but it creates stability issues down the line and is not proposed.

The explanation your hard drive was given the drive letter "I" was resulting from the fact that you without a doubt have a USB card book fan appended to your framework, for some explanation Windows XP puts USB units soon after your inside hard drive, creating the drive letter to update. To get around this, you should unplug the USB card book lover, then afterward do a new fix of Windows onto your hard drive, then afterward you will have an excellent clean install under C head love it might as well be.

Separated from a fresh install I don't think you would be able to update your primary parcel letter. It could be more straightforward to reconfigure your auxiliary product assuming that its an issue.

Yes, I had to reinstall the operating system. All items is fine now, but I didn’t unplug anything, it unequivocally mechanically allocated the C: letter to the hard drive and I’m considering why it didn’t do it the final time.

It's all in all conceivable that your BIOS had turned off the Card Reader provided that you did not have any cards in it. Perhaps someone had a card embedded when you final fixed Windows. It is possible that or your BIOS option for legacy USB units is now turned off unpaid to a BIOS reset, or someone updated the setting.