Thread: Does not found anything great in Windows 8

Does not found anything great in Windows 8

I had used for sometime Windows 8 Developer Preview downloaded by my friend. I use this for sometime. The entire interface is new. But there is nothing great I found. Microsoft has just modified the screen interface which mainly suits for touchscreen support. What Microsoft is planing to do in this.

Re: Does not found anything great in Windows 8

There will be surely many shortcomings for Windows 7 on release. The beta version is still pending. It was stated that whatever apps and drivers of Windows 7 will work in Windows 8. This was a fail during the release of Windows Vista. But does the changed interface will surely put some effort. People find Windows interface much easier than any other, which is the reason it is widely used. Windows 8 has better support for html 5 app, but does adding many apps together will surely kill the platform. Windows has a many applications released. And the same is applicable when Windows 8 will be out. That means more new type of infections and issues. Performance wise it is really important to check it. Because you are going to use many new and old apps on the same and even games. Till yet many less has criticized Windows 8. Only after release it is going to be finalized whether to go for the same or not.

Surely Windows 8 will be more resource intensive due to the rich interface. There is nothing much we can do here. Also it is said that Windows 8 better inbuilt security support.

It will take time to adjust with the interface and settings of Windows 8. There are many rumors for Windows 8. It is said that the operating system is made more for tablets and portable medias. But does an end user will get benefit of that interface. We have an habit of using desktop system to organize and manage files. It is also right that performance is another stuff which matters here. If you do not get performance on your current system, then it is not worth to go for this new upgrade. Second matters is security. Windows is the most targeted operating system for infections. Will this be better in Windows 8. Microsoft has made enhanced Windows 8 Defender to deal with online threats also. But anyhow we will have to use some kind of third party software to get better protection. About the touch interface, many users are mainly not involved in this. Windows 8 looks an early leap for this operating system and feature release.

I had tested the same on my system and find it a bit better. There was some issue while using the same on start. But as you get use to the same it works fine.

Windows 8 is mainly designed for an touch based interface. It is for those who work on touch screen devices. The operating system is designed to work with many sensors to capture motion and proximity. User interface is just the front look but there are many additional support in the back end. It is not worth here to talk about just for the interface only.

Like Android Market Windows 8 has an app store from where you can directly download applications. Now that is a bit functional work Microsoft did. I just went through various blogs to find out the negative aspect of this operating system. I found some of them. The first is that Windows 8 is going to give poor performance on low end systems. If you do not have a multi core processor you cannot easily perform your day to day task. Due to rich interface and many running features the performance is lowered. You need atleast an additional graphic support for this. Another negative aspect is that you cannot get good gaming performance on Windows 8 till you have a really high end system. There are many systems which still runs on Windows XP. But users prefer to have Windows XP because of better graphic support. Till yet there is no 64bit release for Windows 8.