Thread: System folder and genuine center not working well in windows 8

System folder and genuine center not working well in windows 8

I have currently installed windows 8 build 7955 on my VMware fusion 4 but i don't know why i am getting a error message saying that the page failed to load.After the installation i have activated the windows as well but i am not getting the genuine center working as well i don't know where i have gone wrong.Is there any one who can help me out with this.Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: System folder and genuine center not working well in windows 8

I think you have not installed the windows 8 properly.In order to install it properly on VM fusion 4 what all you have to do is firstly Create a New Virtual Machine and then just click on continue without the disc and then just select the ISO file and the just chose windows 7 as your operating system this may sound weird but that's the solution and after doing this the Vm in your machine will be setup with the default setting and then just continue with tour windows 8 installation.Hope that helps.

You can try using the virtual box as i have used it and its working fine.To install windows 8 on virtual box just click a new virtual machine and give it a name and then select other windows for the OS and then just fill the memory sizes that you require and then click on continue in order to create a start up disk and then create a VDI file and then use a fixed size disk in order to get better performance and then a virtual disk file will be created.Later go in to the setting of the virtual machine and then check this option Under System: Enable IO APIC,Under Processor: Enable PAE/NX,Under Acceleration: Enable VT-x/AMD-V and Enable Nested Paging and later go to the storage and then choose the virtual disk file in order to browse the ISO file you have downloaded and then start the windows 8 install

I will just like to share my experience regarding the virtual box.You probably get a good performance with virtual box in windows 8 but the virtual machine normally causes the i Mac to go to a standstill and i have also found the mouse laggy and getting unusable sometimes as the software comes free but can definitely give it a try for yourself,personally i have faced severe bad performance when i was using VMware Fusion 3 but i have found VMware Fusion 4 better but i think the performance may vary as well.

Yes Windows 8 was really working smoothly within Fusion 4 and i have not found any kind of lag that i have experienced in the virtual box,even though you put the window in full-screen you can very well see it in the Unity view but the regular full-display view is also good.I will say it was really a usable experience to play around even though not optimal and the very best part is the installation process is quite easy just try it out in order to experience the good and the bad features of it.

You can even install windows 8 on parallel desktop 7 as i have experienced that the windows 8 run well on it just in the same way it run on the VMware fusion 4 and i was very well able to use all the other applications and they were just working fine with it.You can get the best performance if you have a 2 GB ram.To experience it out you can probably get the trial version of it and check it out only if you have the patience to check it out .

Installing it on parallel desktop 7 is quite a easy process you just have to install windows form a DVD and then select the ISO file from the drop down box but for operating system type just make it very sure that you check out for some other windows than windows 7 because windows 7 unfortunately will ask you for an activation key and all.Later continue with the default setup of the virtual machine and then continue with the windows 8 installation.Hope that helps.

Just a overview of VirtualBox,VMware Fusion 4 and Parallels Desktop 7:
    • (VirtualBox)-It is free and has multi-platform like Windows, Linux, Mac, and Solaris.
    • (VMware Fusion)-It is a updated VMware Fusion 4 for Mac OS X which can cost you about $49.99but you can gat a free 30-day trial well.
    • (Parallels Desktop 7)- It is a updated Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac which can cost you about $79.99 but it also has a $49.99 update price tagand you can get a 14-day free trial as well.