Thread: Missing Outlook email indicator from taskbar

Missing Outlook email indicator from taskbar

Hello friends, I used to get the small indicator adjutant to my clock within the task bar which indicates me whenever I get the mail within outlook. But the problem is that, I am not getting that anymore. I am not able to get this issue resolved. If someone of you can tell me that what is the problem with this and how it can be resolved then I will really appreciate that. Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

re: Missing Outlook email indicator from taskbar

If you want to get that back then you will have to do a simple change in the settings and you will get that back in the task bar. So you will have to go to the Tools > Options > Email Options > Advanced Email Options from Outlook opened. Here, see for the option 'Show an envelope icon in the system tray' and check that option. Once you are done with that then just keep on pressing OK > OK > OK and you will get the Outlook mail indicator back in the taskbar.

Hi bro….I am posting this because it is not only you who is with this issue. I am also from the same list. I have already tried with the solution given by Erie but that was not working for me. So I hope someone will give some other solution for this.

I don’t know that if the above solution helps you or not. But somehow I managed to get this resolved. Just go to the Start>Settings>Taskbar and Start Menu and select "Hide Inactive Icons" and click on the "Customize". See for "You have new and unopened items" where it has the envelope next to it and possibly that would be under "Past Items". Now from the drop down menu, you will have to select "Past Items". Finally click on the OK button and you are done with that. Now every time you get the new email then you will get the indication.

If the computer that you are using is infected with virus then also you might get the issues like this. So just install some good antivirus in your computer and when you are done with the installation then scan your computer with that and delete or clan all the files that are infected with the virus. After doing this restart the computer and see if you are getting the same problem again. If this is due to virus infection then this time you will not get that problem.

Is this started recently? If that is the case then you can try to do the system restore on your computer and see if that is working for you or not. Set the restore date to something when it was not having this problem and restore it to that day. I wish it will be helpful for you.

Re: Missing Outlook email indicator from taskbar

Thank you so much. Restoring the computer to previous date resolved the problem. Any way….thank you again !!!