Thread: C drive disappeared from my computer

C drive disappeared from my computer

I have got in an undefined situation my C drive that is inside my computer has been hidden and now it is not visible . I tried up to open other folders but none of them are responding and gives error message that this operation has failed due to restrictions on this computer and I am not able to view any file or folder too. I tried to click on Start button it sometimes did not worked but after some time it showed only turnoff and remaining icons were not there . S can somebody tell me what has happened to my computer and how I can recover from it.

Re: C drive disappeared from my computer

As you are not able to connect to any of your drivers try connecting to internet explorer and download the software called tweak ui from the official website of Microsoft . Install this software and you will be able to reach to it navigating through Start programs then select powertools and open the software that you have downloaded . Check on to the drivers that you wish to see under my computer and restart the machine. If the drivers are still not visible then use system restore option via start and you can get your drive as there is no chance of lose of data .

The C drive disappearing from my computer is very uncommon it can happen when an registry of system is affected by any action on and it is easy to retrive it back follow the instructions .Run task manager and end the system process called wscript.exe and explorer.exe using end process button , open cmd by clicking on file and new task from file menu option of task manager and click ok . Type the names of the drivers that are there on your hard disk . In task manager again select file , new task and type regedit and click ok. Navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon and Userinit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe. then hit enter restart your computer and check whether the drivers are visible . If this trick does not work then install a new clean copy of operating system .

Try to restore the system using system recovery utility . I assume you can see the drive in the "Local Disk Manager" and it has a drive letter assigned. If so, you should be able to type it into the address bar c:/.I hope that you are going to back everything up and wipe this machine. You might have to hook it up to another computer, grab the files and then restore them .