There are two ways to activate the Automatic Logon Windows XP
- From the Start menu to launch the "Run" and enter this command line:
And disable the box "To use this computer, the user must enter the name and password". Then you will be asked to enter the user name you want to load at startup and enter the password twice.
- Directly edit the registry of windows.
- From the Start menu to launch the "Run" and type regedit and look for the following key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Winlogon;
- Right mouse button on the right side and select the registry:
- New>> String Value, name the newly created value DefaultPassword;
- Just created this string, click 2 times on it and enter the password in the Value data you want.
- Second step: click again with the right mouse button on the right side and select Registry
- New>> String Value and name AutoAdminLogon. Click 2 times on it and enter the value 1.