Thread: Autoplay and Disk Defragmentation not working in Windows 7

Autoplay and Disk Defragmentation not working in Windows 7

My PC is running with windows 7 computer and there is some problem with it which has started recently. Sometime ago I have installed a free program. After the installation of this program I have found that the autoplay as well as disk defrag is not working at all. For that reason I have made a system restore. autoplay is checked, but still there is no use. I am running 64bit OS.

Re: Autoplay and Disk Defragmentation not working in Windows 7

Windows 7 is without any doubt the best OS that Microsoft has done for many years but it is sometimes disabling or optimize certain administrative tasks that start automatically. The least we can say is that this schedule is better than average because unless you are a geek who spends the night pounding on their PC or who did not turned off, the hard disk defragmentation will never launched. In addition this tool system is far from efficient and if you have chosen a third-party utility, it will be necessary to disable this task automatically become redundant. To access the Disk Defragmenter tool, type dfrgui the Run menu and click OK.

Degrafmentatie tool that pulls from XP and Vista really nothing. I would not pay, it seems to me the trouble. TuneUp Utilities is a good all-in-one package, but I do not even host the effort. Ccleaner and scan your PC with an online virus scan and optimize your PC remains good.

I don’t know about the Windows 7 but I do now about Windows XP. If you need defrag tool that really want to get working with XP you should try this: I have on my XP machine just dfrg.msc copied from C: \ windows/system32 /, if you replace my file with yours, you should also. Reg file execution (just double-click) and click OK. Otherwise it will not work, I have tested it on a PC and it worked, so maybe worth a try.

See if moreover of the following aid
    • Click on top of Start/All Programs/Accessories/Run and type services.msc afterward push OK.
    • Confirm the Disk Defragmenter service is ongoing and place to Automatic.
    • Push Apply/OK.

• Click on top of Start/All Programs/Accessories/Run and now type gpedit.msc and after that push OK.
    • Browse to Computer Configuration\ Administrative Templates\ Windows Components\ Autoplay Policies\ Turn off Autoplay.
    • Modify the value of Turn off Autoplay toward Enabled.
    • push Apply/OK.

How many of you know there are so many programs, integrated alternative to the instrument of Windows to defragment your hard drives. Many of these applications, however, require a good knowledge of the system and the computer while the program that i present today is much more intuitive and accessible to everyone, even those with less computer geeks. Disk SpeedUp is a powerful defragmenter that analyzes optimizes and defragments disks to increase performance of the operating system. With Disk SpeedUp you can make a fast and optimized disk defragmentation, automatic and intelligent defragmentation making and program too.

The autorun screen, the one that Windows 7 proposes to insert any CD / DVD or removable devices in your PC and allows you to make quick adjustments. Probably a program to optimize the system or the safety of it has created an entry in the Windows registry, blocking the function of auto-starting devices. You can fix it:
    • Click on the Start button;
    • Type regedit in the Search bar and press Enter quickly;
    • Respond affirmatively to the message of the user account control to access the registry editor;
    • Go to the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Policies \ Explorer;
    • NoDriveTypeAutoplay Delete key (or NoDriveAutoplay).
    • That's it. Now the autoplay Windows 7 should be back to work properly.

If the user has multiple partitions, the defragmentation should be performed anywhere, because the "references" are always on C:, except on rare special configurations.

Windows calls when you insert removable media (CD, DVD, memory card, USB flash drive) on an automatic function? Then a standard feature in the AutoPlay dialog box is selected. Depending on the detected media type called Windows 7, the relevant function (eg Photo Import) directly when inserting the disc in.

Can correct this by is selected in the Start menu for the default programs. On the page displayed in the command can change settings for automatic playback open the following dialog box.

Once the option AutoPlay for all media and devices used should be selected. In addition, can be selected for each media type an action. Ask about Any time is enforced for example to display the dialog box Autoplay.