Thread: Safe boot not accessible in Windows 7 SysConfig Utility

Safe boot not accessible in Windows 7 SysConfig Utility

It seems to me that I am getting some kind of strange problem with Windows 7 System Configuration utility and I couldn’t able to find the solution for this issue. The thing is on my Windows boot tab, the Windows 7 is not listed there. Furthermore the Safe boot is not responding or anything else. The options are greyed out. In the normal startup the Windows 7 is listed there in the boot tab. What could be the reason?

Re: Safe boot not accessible in Windows 7 SysConfig Utility

The F8 key must take place before the launch of Windows is pressed. Not hold, but briefly. The best times in a row press F8 to miss the right time and not even begin to calm, while still seeing the BIOS messages.
    Start with and from the Windows DVD.
    If Windows still starts in normal mode, the reboot:
    Windows Start button and then entering in the search box, type msconfig, enter. Take over the system configuration to the startup tab and set the hook there safe mode reboot, and (later in safe mode then do not forget to remove the hook again).

It seems to me that you are already in safe boot mode and due to this it is not possible for you to access the Safe boot option in System configuration utility.

I think that you just need to delete the blank line in the registry. Just go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Shared Tools \ MSConfig \ startupreg. Here you can remove old waste programs. If this key does not exist, so there is nothing to delete.

BOOT.INI tab in Windows Sysconfig utility is is very important, it sets up the boot.ini file that tells NTLDR on what operating system your machine will start. It also through its options to change settings to determine the cause of a problem at startup

Note that this file "boot.ini" is the root of your primary partition (usually "C: \ boot.ini"). It is a system file, hidden and read-only. So you can edit it but make sure the changes made since you may not boot if you make a mistake.