Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Keyboard giving wrong characters after upgrading from windows vista to windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 15-09-2011

Keyboard giving wrong characters after upgrading from windows vista to windows 7

I am having dell inspiron 530 core 2 quad 6600. My computer is working fine. I am having some issue with the keyboard keys. When I press 1, 2, 3?.0 characters, the keyboard displays wrong characters. Actually I was having windows vista operating system till now. I have just recently changed it to windows 7. It is taking only usb keyboards. I have tried to different ones and they both are working well on the other 2 pc?s. I don?t know what the problem is. I have tried installing the drivers but all in vain. As far as I think it isn?t a hardware problem. Anybody who knows regarding this issue, please guide me.

Old 15-09-2011

Re: Keyboard giving wrong characters after upgrading from windows vista to windows 7

I think you need to install the windows 7 operating system again. Installing the fresh copy should remove the problem. I agree with you that it isn?t a hardware problem. I think you must have not properly installed windows 7. It is possible that you might have left some files from windows vista.
Old 16-09-2011

Re: Keyboard giving wrong characters after upgrading from windows vista to windows 7

Installing windows 7 again should help but remember that your data is preserved in the C drive under a folder called "Windows.old". So you need to you run the installation from the boot, you get the option of formatting a drive. This erases all data on the drive and will allow you to run a clean installation of Windows 7. It will not save the data in the Windows.Old folder; it will be a true fresh install, like it was just bought from a store.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,