Thread: Upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows XP

Upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows XP

Right now I am thinking about upgrading Windows XP to Windows 8. I don’t know whether it is really possible or not. When I looked on internet it is said that there is no way for you to upgrade from windows 7 or windows vista to Windows 8. Is it true? Then what should I need to do in order to upgrade to Windows 8?

Please suggest me

Re: Upgrading to Windows 8 from Windows XP

To upgrade, I do not think it works so easily and free. But rather would be interested to know why you play with this idea. The 64-bit version brings in comparison to the 32-bit version no real advantage, so I see no need.

The fact is that Windows 8 will be a complete operating system and universal that can be installed the same, both on old computers (not much), both of the new ones, on TV, on the tablets and smartphones. Obviously, the installation will be different but the operating system will always be Windows 8. This means that your computer's desktop interface Metro will be renovated with tiles, very familiar to owners of Windows Mobile 7 Phone, and there will also better support for web applications.

Download windows 8 Developer Preview

I don’t know about the Windows 8 but I do know about the Windows server 8. As far as I know that the Windows Server 8 in particular has been presented as a forced upgrade to Windows Server 2008 R2 - at least for those who need to have a virtualization system robust, flexible and affordable. The new soul "Server" the next version of Windows will contain 100 different new features, Microsoft promises, and virtualization will have a central role all'hypervisor with Hyper-V and its ability to work in the field of cloud computing. With Hyper-V system administrators will be able to iterate all instances of the operating system they need, replicating locally or remotely virtualized stack with the guaranteed support to 16 virtual processors per machine.

With the new advances of Microsoft Windows Server 8 is preparing for the future, and with regard to the past in Redmond are willing to abandon the increasingly ubiquitous Windows XP.

Windows 8 is scheduled less than two years after Windows 7. The time between two releases were once much longer. Between Windows XP and Vista were completely renovated five years. Windows 7 took about three years after Vista, which is strongly based on. Timing now that Microsoft is trying to tighten.

The new Microsoft OS will be at 32 as well as 64-Bit. They are denied the rumors that said that would be 128-Bit. Microsoft informed that the page is presently not a process for upgrading from Windows 7 to the developer preview; it is guaranteed the chance to keep personal accounts, the data linking to the entity user settings. In case of installation on systems where it was formerly installed Windows XP will be maintained simply individual accounts as well as user files.

Microsoft offers the Windows Developer Preview 8 for activation without the usual requirement that a preliminary version can be installed so freely and without entering a product key. The software giant will provide regular updates, according to Sinofsky but, beyond this one will not support it, however.

An upgrade of an existing installation of Windows 7 is just the normal 32 - and possible 64-bit versions of these pre-release versions that are shipped without the developer tools. In the case of 64-bit edition that includes Dev-Tools has always done so a complete reinstallation. Neither Microsoft nor its partners or WinFuture.de liable for any damages arising from the use of the Windows Developer Preview.

The goal of Microsoft Windows 8 is to create an operating system that not only supports the touchscreen but is also familiar to the public more traditional, who like the desktop icons and windows classic.

I think Windows 7 is a good OS, but in terms of functionality, I think now that there is no earth-shattering stuff in it that justify an upgrade. I would never upgrade XP to Win 7. If I sit on an XP, I always spring energy to the many little useful things I'll miss.