Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to download Windows 8 on Windows XP

Operating Systems

Old 15-09-2011

How to download Windows 8 on Windows XP

I have been using the Windows XP computer ever since the XP first came to market. I didn?t think that I will ever get such a good operating system after all. I also like the windows7 but I have installed in my laptop and I was very impressed by its GUI. Yesterday I have seen a video about Windows 8 on YouTube and it is excellent and contain very simply user interface. Is it possible for me to download the Windows 8 on Windows XP?

Old 15-09-2011

Re: How to download Windows 8 on Windows XP

Microsoft has released the developer preview of Windows to download 8. However, the variant does not contain all the build shown at the developer conference features. In addition, Windows 8 is currently available only in English. For the version with integrated developer tools to reinstall is required. The other two versions support the transfer of accounts, data and settings from the previous version of Vista and 7. The complete range of installation options is available only when the Setup program starts with Windows.
Old 15-09-2011

Windows Developer Preview should work on the same hardware that works with Windows XP and Windows Vista and Windows 7
  • 1 GHz or faster 32-bit otherwise 64-bit CPU
  • 1 GB of RAM (32-bit) otherwise 2 GB of RAM (64-bit)
  • 16 GB (32-bit) otherwise 20 GB (64-bit) free hard disk space
  • DirectX 9 graphics with WDDM 1.0 otherwise better chip
  • For the touch-screen functionality is a multi-touch support required

Download windows 8 Developer Preview
Old 15-09-2011

Microsoft unveiled several new features and improvements. The USB 3.0 is natively supported. System memory consumption and startup time the system is scaled down compared to Windows 7. Support multi-screen has been redesigned and improved with the ability to extend or not the task bar and the ability to use several different wallpapers.

System Restore is also redesigned two functions that appear: Reset PC to get the system to "nine" as the source by overwriting the data and programs; Refesh PC, to re-install the system without losing programs and data.
Old 16-09-2011

Windows 8 from the category of Microsoft Windows is a beta in English. Windows 8 will be independent under Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, the file size is 2.78 GB and the last update was on 14

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,