Thread: Change in Windows OEM licensing

Change in Windows OEM licensing

Guys I have found there are some changes in the Windows OEM licensing, have anyone of you found the same thing then please comment over here and make me sure that this is going to affect or not? And what I have found is Windows OEM System Builder EULA now prohibits purchasers from applying OEM licenses to computers they are building for themselves, friends, family members, etc. so what do you guys think about all this.

Re: Change in Windows OEM licensing

Yap there has been a change in the licensing but I don’t think that this is applicable for the product already in market this has been for the product which are about to be in the market and so we don’t need to worry a much about this.

This change in the OEM software has been because of some benefit reason from the windows. Basically it is meaning that now you have to buy the license for the qualifying the piece of the hardware now it did not receive the free Microsoft support and you cannot transfer the license with any other pc which has already been installed once. For me nothing looks like much difficult now and this would be having its own consideration over it.

I don’t know was there a actual need for the developers to do this or no but what I personally think is there was no need to do all this but still they have done this may be there is some special reason for this, may be the security is the only reason or profit would be the reason for this I can’t say exactly or anyone can say about this why they have been doing this. I would also say that the changes would be the worst thing and maybe there would be lots of user who would be affected and they would be searching out for the ways to skip this restriction.

Can anyone of you tell me that what exactly has been the change I am not able to understand about this so please someone just suggest something and tell me what exactly it is about what they have been trying to say?

Nothing much about it is just simple that they have been working out with the restriction as, if you have bought licenses for your system and in case you have been changing the complete hardware and all then you would have to buy the other license again. Changing all the hardware means if you would be changing the motherboard ram and every part then you would need to buy the license again. This has been really a bad news for all of the windows OEM users this has been a big marketing trick from the Microsoft and no one can even skip to any other OS so easily.

This has been worst news for all of us I don’t know why they have done this but I am really sad with this change and I dint expected this ever. Now I have thought that we need to buy all the best configuration as Intel i7 processor or sandy bridge processor and have the best motherboard with two 4 GB ram and a best graphic card of 1 GB and then you won’t need to have a change for atleast next 5 years because the processor and all are the future processors already they would have been launched after 4 5 years then it would have been according to the environment anyways now we need this configuration and then buy the windows license and then no need of change.

That’s true no problem and no question that it is wrong in anyways but still I would say that don’t you think there is a chance that your processor or motherboard would get damaged? And if this happens then what you would be doing this would be the question always. Anyways this is not at all a good move and the worst thing is we cant do anything for it.

Hey guys thanks for commenting and making this thread so important and trying to help me out. some of you guys were really logical and your messages were really helpful so i think that this is an wonderful thing to get in discussion with you guys but a bad thing when i remember about the License changed i am really not liking this and would be hoping that they would be making some changes again in it.