Thread: Mail icon not updating in Mac OS X Lion

Mail icon not updating in Mac OS X Lion

Mail icon shows two unread messages (when in fact there are unread messages) and is not updated when new messages arrive in your inbox?

Re: Mail icon not updating in Mac OS X Lion

The insignia of unread email does not seem to work properly in the new E 10.7 5. It worked fine in 10.6, 10.7 and me is an upgrade.

Options in E-Mail preferences to show badges reading email, None, Inbox only, or all folders. None, Inbox only for me, demonstrate no unread badges, even if Mail obviously show unread note. I've been playing with these principles, and once in the "Inbox only" have worked fine and showed three unread messages. But as soon as I read the first message, the logo which disappeared although the other two messages was read. It has not worked since.

"All folders" and then demonstrate the plate, however with like 300 unread messages. Nevertheless I cannot discover any of them in any folder. I deleted and re-added my Gmail email account does not have an effect on them. It's still out of order. This, combined with broken Time Machine support for my NAS, I'm enjoying a lot 10.7. Kind of wish I had stayed with a 10.6.

I’m having the same trouble here. I am not getting the flagship e-mail announcement or a new-fangled sound. You be able to also select all mail and displays the plate, nevertheless says I have over 3,000 messages.

That configuration unread mail badge is "Inbox only". If set to "All Folders", which will have hundreds or thousands of email accounts for unread messages, for the reason that it will be in your Gmail spam folder as well.

So I played with settings Gmail account. Specifically, the server name. It was created (correctly) to imap. Gmail.com. I found some further discussion somewhere that m.gmail.com asked me, which is the Exchange Server for mobile Gmail. As expected, this did not work, so I changed back to imap.gmail.com. None of this seems important, except that after I corrected it back to imap.gmail.com, E seemed to modify all the IMAP folders. The message has been changing account (the unloading / processing) for 15-20 minutes until they finally put the right numbers. After that, the badges of unread Gmail email began to work, both next to the email inbox, and mail wharf currency.

I have the same trouble in Mail 5.0. Online, on my iPhone and iPad, the icon precisely reflects the number of unread mail in my inbox. In my Macbook Pro not. For all time sample 1.

I deleted and reinstalled my Mobile Me account, deleted all the mail. All mail marked as unread. not anything works. As far as email is anxious, whenever I have an unread message.

I did a clean install with recovery León Internet. My mail icon still says one unread message in my inbox even though it tried to create mailbox empty.I intelligent unread messages. I marked them all as read. Continue to show an unread message in my inbox empty. Any other suggestions?

I followed your suggestion and removed and re added my Gmail account, and the meter is performing properly.