Thread: Error during provisioning while creating link-cloned desktops

Error during provisioning while creating link-cloned desktops

Hello friends I have been getting Error while I was trying for provisioning when tried to create link-cloned desktops. I have also been getting this message “sdd was not found" on a VC server. i.e. datastore\vdi\sdd was not found Parent VM is a Windows 7. Pro, 30GB.
    Guys do you have any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Re: Error during provisioning while creating link-cloned desktops

Ok tell me one thing that Are you selecting same data store for OS disks and persistent disks? Can You let me know about the view of the version you are talking about? I still have a doubt that the data store is not being visible to all the ESX Servers in the cluster. Also I would like to ask you to kindly confirm any stale VM folder entries exists in the vCenter Server.Kindly give me those detail so that I could help you any further.

Hey Guys I am having the same problem here. I am getting this same error. Can anyone provide us with some ideas on it? I just have upgraded my Composer to 2.6 and Connection server to 4.6, new pools and old pools are not working any longer when I was trying to generate linked clones or the replica. I have got the same sdd not found on vCenter part way all along the operation. Any ideas in this regard will be most welcome Guys Kindly do help us? Your suggestion will be appreciated.

Same problem here and similar was the process in my case guys do help!

I am going to tell you what has happened in my case and how I got a solution, after killing a bunch of time on this, expectantly it might help someone else so I am pointing out here. A easy rebooting vCenter rectified the issue. Till then, I was receiving the same error File Data Store Name VMName/sdd was not found no matter whatever snapshot and/or image I chose and despite of what data store I chose. View Event Monitor would just give the following message : "Provisioning error occurred for Machine VMName: Cloning failed for Machine". A Restart of the connection Server could not help and restarting the Composer Service on the vCenter server didn't help either. I recommend an additional reboot of vCenter after upgrading Composer from 2.5 to 2.6

Hello friends I am Having the similar subject, rebooting vCenter has not helped at all. The error message that I saw within the during the Provisioning Pool is: Error during provisioning: View Composer DiskFault: Disk Management Service was said to be unavailable. Same error seen on vCenter, (File [DataStoreName] VMName/sdd was not found) regardless of what snapshot and/or image has been chosen or regardless of what data store have been chosen.