Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

cannot install vmware workstation on windows 7 Basic

Operating Systems

Old 11-09-2011

cannot install vmware workstation on windows 7 Basic

When I try to install VMware Workstation into Windows 7 Basic OS, only blank window open, there is no buttons and information to install application. Any solution for this problem.

Thanks

Old 11-09-2011

Re: cannot install vmware workstation on windows 7 Basic

Can you tell us what VMWare/Win7 build that is 32 bit or 64 bit are you using? I am also using win 7 and insatall Vmware 6.5 and I used the following ways to install the vmware which is described below:
  1. First of all at the Menu bar of the Vmware select edit>>Virtual Network Setteing
  2. After that at Virtual Network Editor select Host Virtual Network Mapping
  3. Change the Vmnet1: or Vmnet2: and select you wireless device, then apply and ok then close.
  4. Before starting starting the Virtual Machine, under devices>>Ethernet edit it and select cutom then select which Vmnet represent your wireless drive>>then ok. and start the wm..
Old 30-03-2012

I face the same problem and their is no menu bar. The installer gets stuck on the screen given and nothing happens
Old 30-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by saraswatishagnik View Post
I face the same problem and their is no menu bar. The installer gets stuck on the screen given and nothing happens
It could be that the installer might be corrupt during download, so try to download it again. It could be also you haven't being using administration mode while installing VMWare Player OR you might face issues with the MSI installation software. Maybe you can take a look in the event viewer. Please specify as much details as you can.
Old 03-06-2012

Hi All,

These posts were old so I don't know if you're all having the problem installing VMware 8 in Windows 7.
I've had problems, too. Grey screen, also an error message.

Found this fix. Turns out it's to do with the enviornmental variables set up in windows 7.

1. Open control panel -> system -> advanced system settings

2. On the advanced tab - > select enviornmental variables

3. Copy what is listed for "TEMP" and "TMP" to notepad for changing back after installation

4. Change the entries for "TEMP" and "TMP" to "C:\Temp"

5. Run Workstaion 8 install as normal without any switches

6.Reboot. Change back variables after install.

Try it and let me know. I've done it twice on two separate installations of Windows 7 and it worked both times.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,