Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Help on Mounting Clonezilla Images in Ubuntu

Operating Systems

Old 10-09-2011

Help on Mounting Clonezilla Images in Ubuntu

Hello friends while I was looking for some way to mount clonezilla images I have come across a post which was saying that it can?t be done. unluckily it's in the archive so I was unable to reply post a to correct it. One for sure can mount clonezilla images to take out files the way of doing that is:
1. You need to go for preparing a large disc in Linux
2. If for example if is /home/part-image/YOUR_IMAGE/, and the image is /home/part-imag/YOURIMAGE/hda1.ntfs-img.aa, hda1.ntfs-img.ab...
run "file /home/partimag/YOURIMAGE/hda1.ntfs-img.aa" to see it's gzip, bzip or lzop image. Lets for example it is gzip, You will be able to run cat /home/partimag/YOURIMAGE/hda1.ntfs-img.* | gzip -d -c | ntfsclone --restore-image -o hda1.img - You will be having an "hda1.img" that can be mounted at mount -o loop -t ntfs hda1.img /mnt. Then whole files will be in /mnt/

Old 10-09-2011

Re: Help on Mounting Clonezilla Images in Ubuntu

Well I have a question here in this regard that whether the clonezilla images are in an ntfs format, or It is only the case with original imaged partition was ntfs? If they cannot be in different formats, then how is it possible for images to be cat'd jointly and mounted?
Old 10-09-2011

Well I must say that you're a life saver. I just have had a clean installation on my children XP box - backup wup files & settings first using FAST wizard, and did a full clonezilla image first just in case. Well FAST shifted the whole thing leaving the Outlook files & profile. It was seemingly though for me a different hard drive to reconstruct the CZ image but your tip has provided me the safety in this case me the trouble. Many thanks for your support.
Old 10-09-2011

Thanks friend I was also looking for this and just got it at the right time.
Old 10-09-2011

I am having this problem in following your directions but I got an error the in the middle. One fourth of the process: gzip: stdin: invalid compressed data. It was said that the format is violated It is like gzip don't recognize remaining clonezilla backup files as compressed using gzip. Factually seeing this ntfs-img.* files in nautilus, the only file .ntfs-img.aa appear as 'Gzip archive', the remaining of the ntfs-img.a* come into view as not recognized t format of the file . Can you suggest me how to resolve this ?
Old 10-09-2011

The reason It is having is that it has *.aa in the first position is since you chosen split archive up after 2000 mbytes. Do you have #.ab, etc? Perhaps you can cat them jointly and try once more. If you are having ample amount of the space.
Old 12-09-2011

The other way round is something like this:
Prepare a large disk in Linux
? Download and install Partclone
? Try finding the compression algorithm of your image with the file command
file VolGroup00-LogVol00.ext3-pctl-img.gz.aa
? Combine files, decompress it ( with gzip) and create the image file
cat VolGroup00-LogVol00.ext3-pctl-img.gz.* | gzip -d -c | partclone.restore -C -s ? -O /dir-to-new-image/image-name.img
? Mount the uncompressed image
mount -o loop /dir-to-new-image/image-name.img /mnt/name

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,