Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Ubuntu Software Center gives error message previous software installation failed

Operating Systems

Old 09-09-2011

Ubuntu Software Center gives error message previous software installation failed

I use an Ubuntu Software Center to perform any kind of software installation on it. If I try to install a program via the Ubuntu Software Center, I get this error message “previous software installation failed”. It does this for anything i attempt to install. If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

Old 09-09-2011

Re: Ubuntu Software Center gives error message previous software installation failed

There is an remove option available on it. You need to use the proper way to perform this previous software installation process cancellation task. In that you need to find the best option inside this center. I think the remove option of this software center have specially designed to perform this task. Then use it for solving such task.
Old 09-09-2011

Re: Ubuntu Software Center gives error message previous software installation failed

Yes this Ubuntu Software Center provides the opportunity to do this cancellation of the software installation process. You need to mark it for "complete removal" then install it again using synaptic. Try this and it would be solving your complicated problem.
Old 09-09-2011

The other way is to be using an reboot this laptop system. Then the system shows an Applications option. You need to enter into that and open the Accessories on it. Then hit on the Terminal of this system. It opens the terminal window. The next is to be performs following command execution task on it. The sudo dpkg --configure –a command on this system will be help to fix this kind of problem. This command helps to remove all the existing process. In response this will be help to cancel all the previous software installation process and start the new one.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,