Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2011

Getting blue screen with bad system config 0x000000 error message

I am running Windows XP operating system on my computer and everything was working fine. But yesterday at night when I booted my pc then I started getting blue screen with error message saying that "bad system config 0x000000 and STOP 0x00000074 BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO". Can anyone tell me how do I solve this error message that is coming on my pc after every boot? Thanks
Old 08-09-2011

Re: Getting blue screen with bad system config 0x000000 error message

It looks to me that you are getting that blue screen which is caused by an user error and you dont want to lost data on your drives as well. So, what you can do is try to make a temp backup and backup all your important data in a usb flash drive or burn them on CDs or DVDs. The best method would be to either use an external hard drive or a home file server. Just copy and paste the data to the external drive and all be fine. Now try to repair install Windows in your computer.
Old 08-09-2011

Re: Getting blue screen with bad system config 0x000000 error message

The issue you are facing may occur if one or more of the random access memory (RAM) modules that are installed in your computer is damaged or if the RAM configuration is incompatible. To troubleshoot and resolve this issue, remove the memory modules that are installed in your computer, but leave enough RAM to start your computer and run Windows, and then restart your computer. You can find more information on how to solve this issue from here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326679
Old 09-09-2011

First of all I would ask you to download and then burn a tool called UBCD from the internet. After that also download and installed TestDisk utility and check if it is able to give you access to your hard drive and also check if it can try to fix the hard drive too. If it is not able to do anything mentioned then it is possible that your data might be lost until you want to spend 100 dollars for a recovery team to try and recover the data from the hard drive.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,