Thread: When will be GUI grub2 editor available?

When will be GUI grub2 editor available?

Does any individual have any plan at what time or if there should be a GUI grub2 manager? I could positively jump at the chance to evacuate incidental passages and move my XP double boot up to second from the top for those absolutely uncommon events when I am compelled to utilize it! I totally miss the grub supervisor that was ready for grub 1; I even got really exceptional close by altering the grub menu post following one episode of being compelled back the CLI by a part overhaul!

Re: When will be GUI grub2 editor available?

Look for and evacuation of linux-header 2.6.31.14 does nothing without evacuation of linux-visualization 2.6.31.14, once the linux-picture is evacuated, then that portion quits appearing in the grub 2 menu!! Still could love to skill to move the exact sometimes utilized XP genius passage to the number 2 space in the lineup!!

You are able to utilize startupmanger to set the boot request, that would be regarding the just thing it will do until a unique form that backings grub2 is discharged. The artist is hard grinding away redesigning it. Startupmanager is in the storehouses.

All the more with old grub you might not put the windows entrance right when the first Ubuntu passage as that could be within the programmed range and could be overwritten with the following upgrade. Revamped grub has joined a great deal of items but yes something are not entirely as complete. I think it considers different working frameworks much preferable. It is safer for a user to alter as it would be if you derailed menu.lst you might not boot to any detectable degree. You are able to still join pattern passages in 40_custom or you possess tradition indexes. But also farm hand, drs305 and others had attempted a considerable number of things and archived them for us.

Don't know anything about Automatic zone, but my XP Pro was in the second space for over 2 years, till the move to Grub2! Menu.lst would be able to be altered by hand from the summon line, or with a LiveCD provided that you spoiled it as I did a couple of time when I first attempted to alter it! With Grub2 it appears you should be a real programmer to have the capacity to update anything! Excessively confounded for a non-programmer like me! It's usable as is with the assumption that nothing happens) Guess I will need to exist with the minor trouble of XP Pro being at the lowest part of the post till someone composes a GUI editorial manager for the darned thing! Not set up to try to make updates that will bolt me out of my framework with no straightforward strategy to get once again in alternate than a re-install!

You could probably instate Grub Legacy quite effortlessly following instating Karmic. In any case yes moving to Grub 2 was a bit too goal-oriented, the present form utilized in Karmic (1.97 Beta 4) doesn't really inspire confidence.

All that declared however, Grub 2 does have vow, the scripting back apart from everyone else might as well prepare towards significantly more propelled offers in the fate, but keeping it more basic to arrange could have been improved IMO.

Well, I need to confirm that I have utilized grub2 subsequent to 9.10 Alpha2 when it was united. It was harsh. It blatantly is not that no picnic to control. I suspect that people brand new to Linux will have a more straightforward time than those of us who are utilized to grub-legacy. We had some quite enthralling idea exchanges on that in the testing gathering and needed a sticky in indisputably the Beginners Forum (Grub Basics by drs305 could be my pick).

I am happy we are still on 1.97beta4. The 1.97 last turned out right on time. I know that we began with 1.96 (irrevocable) in 9.10alpha2, as worked over for Ubuntu. It did not do some things it need to. I have PhatDebian on my primary drive and boot from it. I instated grub1.96 from the Debian repo on it. It does fine for the 4 OS' on that drive. I was booting from a 9.04 reacting with grub-legacy. Each of the 4 of those OS' are grub-legacy by default. I lack the capacity to boot from Lenny for the reason that Lenny doesn't have ext4 underpin. However the PhatDebian utilizes the 2.6.30 piece and does fine with Lenny, Jaunty and Stoner Edittion1.0 booting from grub2. Every last trace of them are utilizing the symbolic menu entrance and I have had a part overhaul in both Jaunty and SE1.0 without needing to do a thing to the menu in PhatDebian. I don't know depending on if you could probably tell but I am ending up a considerable attached to grub2.

I found an easy solution to the boot order

(OPTIONAL)First paste this code into the terminal

Code:
    gedit /etc/grub.d/README
    Yet assuming that you didn't glue the code, you could probably see that the numbers at the start certify what is finished first when you run update-grub.
    Accordingly, to make Windows XP the first in the grub2 menu, actually run this charge in the terminal

Code:
    sudo mv 30_os-prober 08_os-prober
    And then run

Code:
    sudo update-grub