Thread: After Reboot –GRUB “no module name found”

After Reboot –GRUB “no module name found”

I have Windows 7 instituted in my machine. I hurried up and installed ubuntu server on a different segment. When the installment I was fit to either boot to Windows 7 or Ubuntu server through GRUB. At the same time following closing down my pc, and at the beginning of today turning it on, it gave:
    Quote:
    Code:
    Booting from local disk...
    GRUB loading.
    No module name found
    Aborted. Press any key to exit.
    But also GRUB won't give any alternatives or anything, for example if GRUB moved toward getting corrupted and now I cannot get into any of my OS's. How to solve this?

Re: After Reboot –GRUB “no module name found”

Get GAG Bootloader. You are undoubtedly able to most fit get it from the SystemRescueCD. Introduce that as your bootloader as a substitute for GRUB.

Have the similar setback

I get the following

• no module name found
    • Aborted. Press any key to exit.
    • Intel(R) Boot Agent GE v1.3.35
    • Copyright (C) 1997-2009, Intel Corporation
    • PXE-E61 : Media test failure, check cable
    • PXE-M0F : Exiting Intel Boot Agent.
    • Operating System not found

I in addition think this is a Dell product situation. I've been running 9.10 then after that 10.04 following to Windows 7 on my Dell Studio for numerous months now. Yet the previous evening I beyond any doubt hurried up and let the Dell Recovery programming set itself. Notwithstanding I had the boot washout. When I ran fdisk-lu (following booting from a live CD), it demonstrates the first 63 MB of my hard drive now being taken up by "Dell Utility."

It is not Windows. I actually obtained a Dell Latitude 13n laptop with just Ubuntu instituted. Following running the dell-recovery-media to make a manufacturing plant restore circle it comparably destroyed my MBR. I booted on a live plate USB stay and repaired it as noted above utilizing grub-introduce (on the Latitude the root index is /dev/sda3).

I have additionally had the same situation with a brand out of the box new Dell Studio 1747. Instated Ubuntu 10.04 and restarted some times. Backpedaled into Win 7 and on the first reboot got the situation. Luckily I found a few strings on the net through Google and was ready to get again into Ubuntu and restore Grub. Attempted backtracking into Win7 and each reboot it fizzled. Evacuated the Dell Datasafe projects and have had no further situation.

Hello there all, I recognized, the greater part of the individuals having inconveniences with Grub had it in conjunction with Windows 7 but I am able to report the same situation with a multi boot amidst Ubuntu 10.04, RedHat EL 5 and Windows XP.

As extended the PC didn't boot Windows, no situation, but when that windows session, grub was deleted so I requested to boot with the "Super Grub Disk" CD to have grub reinstall under Ubuntu.

Similar to a BIOS lapse even before windows or grub boot.
    This might be the situation:

Some bios can't boot a hard head without a boot banner. In spite of the fact that Linux/grub makes a point not to require one, more absolutely: Some Bios need a boot banner on an essential segment. So it is not foremost that the first segment has the boot banner, but that one of the first four segments has a boot banner.

I at first attempted to reinstall GRUB2. Be that as it may, receivable to my absence of interaction with Linux I found this entirely guileful. Thusly, I at the end of the day gave up and tried for the animal constrain go at of reinstalling Ubuntu from the live CD (I didn't lose any messageation through doing this, as I had booted into Windows straight when the initial Ubuntu installment and henceforth GRUB2 was broken promptly, before I'd utilized Ubuntu for something greater than about 30 seconds!)

The reinstallation of Ubuntu permitted me to recuperate GRUB2 usefulness. I was hence equipped to boot up Windows 7 and uninstall the Dell DataSafe systems (I'd at present utilized the neighborhood project to make the Dell restore DVDs for Windows 7, so I figured I wasn't losing too much by erasing it). This session in Windows 7 doubtlessly initiated GRUB2 to fall flat afresh when I rebooted, so I reinstalled Ubuntu again so as to recoup GRUB2. This tackled the situation-I now have a totally useful GRUB2 that doesn't work toward getting killed by utilizing Windows 7!

I was going to utilize the fix from this string, when I found I had a brand new turn on this situation. When I booted up my PC with the Live CD inside I got the following new message:
    Code:
    BusyBox v1.13.3(ubuntu:1:13.3-1ubuntu11) built-in shell (ash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.
    (initramfs) mount:  mounting/dev/loop0 on //filesystem.squashfsfailed:  Input/*tput error
    cannot mount /dev/loop0(/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.s*ashfs
    Among the old message and the latest message, the just thing I've done is leave the computer on for 6 hours then after that turn it off manually by keeping the button down (subsequent to I cannot get into the OS to turn it off fittingly).