Thread: Random Freeze or Hang-up of Ubuntu 10.04 (LucidLynx)

Random Freeze or Hang-up of Ubuntu 10.04 (LucidLynx)

It appears that my Ubuntu 10.04 (clean fix) to accidently stop / hang (mouse/keyboard unresponsive, just a hard reboot is good to go as choice) but with no confused screens/windows/etc. There's no design why or any requisition that would be able to be capable. It might happen ten moments following it is begun or following 2 days but at some focus and suddenly the framework will end up absolutely unresponsive, stop and hang up.

Below are my specifications:
    • Here is also some info about my system:
    • M/B: ASUS P4R800-V DELUXE
    • CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz
    • RAM: 1GB
    • Graphics: ATI Radeon 9100 IGP

Re: Random Freeze or Hang-up of Ubuntu 10.04 (LucidLynx)

I too am having accident freezing situations following upgrading from 9.10 to 10.04 (clean installed final beta then update). Suddenly the PC is unresponsive to keyboard and mouse. I could probably be trying to something, or have alternated it. I recognize some of the same wires in .xsession-lapses, regardless the "cannot enlist.." and the XID crash (running Opera). I've attempted impairing desktop effects (compositing) and I'm now attempting to disable utilities (system settings->service chief in ubuntu, don't have prior experience with gnome), so far without fortunes, but you would be able to attempt the same.

I am running 10.04 AMD64 with all upgrades. This is a desktop AMD dual core framework with ATI onboard X1200 graphic through the X.org radeon driver (the just decision, ATI "legacied" this gpu a year in the past).

My accidents more often than not come when the framework is other side unattended just as had gone into hibernation and something happened. I moreover endured different dull irregular reboots while utilizing the framework.

This scenario advanced when a clean install of 10.04.

I'm using a wireless keyboard/mouse, and this happened with both Logitech and Microsoft products. I have done the normal setting, and I'm running the OpenJava that came with 10.04. The freezes also happen when I don't have Firefox open, so I'm not sure flash is an issue.

Clean install of 10.04 and irregular stops of mouse and keyboard without any design to any degree. In some cases it is the mouse, and now and again it is the keyboard, but never at same time. There moreover doesn't appear to be whenever design. I'll go a day or several then after that one or different will stop. Or it will happen within 10 moments of one another. The mouse appears to stop more regularly, for what that is worth.

There was a string recommending that the ubuntuone-syncdaemon methodology is dependable. In the event that you slaughter the methodology, it would serve a useful purpose

I have re-installed Ubuntu 10.04 without any preparation utilizing the CD and following 5 hours of consistently running it did accident again simply a while in the past. The screen was solidified, mouse / keyboard absolutely unresponsive (not even the keyboard lights tops bolt, num bolt were eye flickering, nothing!). One unusual thing I observed as I was listening to music during that timeframe is that as the framework solidified / hang-up the music didn't fall into a circle or stuttered ceaselessly as it could do in an "ordinary" accident, it actually cut off!

For the final few hours I 'm over on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala)-clean fix and until now I didn't encounter any of those haphazard stops / framework hangups. I will leave it on for a large number of hours actually to see if this will happen (fingers crossed it won't).

At the same time if no collision / stop / hangup happen we are doubtlessly able to discount equipment breakdown anyhow in my case.

One thing I am able to verify is there isn’t any failure in the .xsession-slips record of this kind in Ubuntu 9.10

Since you head off to System-> Administration-> System Monitor, click on Processes and scroll down down to ubuntu, you might see one or several procedures with the statement ubuntuone in them. I you highlight these and right click; you will have some choices, combining, Stop, End or Kill the courses of action. I anticipate any of the proposed will do.

I am running a natural install with Nvidia drivers. I don't get accidents or stops but I have observed xorg gets a spot slacking following running for numerous hours. I just observe the slack when I play movies in Totem or listen to music in Rhythmbox. The sound is more detectable then the movie. It sounds enjoy I have large CPU stack which I don't. The just strategy to make it stop for some time to execute xorg then log over in. I could similar to a key a small more changeless.

I upgrade from 9.10 to 10.04 and am having the same situation. I'm utilizing the blocked source nvidia drivers. I've got a Q6600 processor, 4GB of RAM, a 64 digit form of the OS and a Nvidia 8800 GTS film card installed. Fill me in as to whether there's whatever viable data that I need to furnish.

I have several alternate PCs running Ubuntu 10.04 64-digit, and I have had unconditionally no situation with those a few. Not, one or the other of these PCs is ever switched off, and they get re-booted just when a brand new portion form is installed.