Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error 87: incorrect parameter (Windows 7)

Operating Systems

Old 05-09-2011

Error 87: incorrect parameter (Windows 7)

Hello friends, my computer is running the Windows 7 and I have some problem with that. Actually whenever I try to drag any of the files from one device to another in my computer then I get the error message as error 87: incorrect parameter. Can you tell me that what is the parameter is about and how can this be avoided? I have tried through all the possible ways for this but that was not helpful to me. Now the resolution is totally depend on you guys suggestion.

Old 05-09-2011

Re: Error 87: incorrect parameter (Windows 7)

If you are trying to move the file to some other external drive (I assume) then there is possibility that the external drive is faulty and for that reason you are getting the problem like this. You can also try to check that if some other file which is in your computer can move to that drive or not.
Old 05-09-2011

What is the device that you are talking about and what is the file type that you are trying to transfer? You should post with the complete detail to get the exact solution for this. Anyway, by that time you should check if the security is setup properly for that device or not. You can also try by dragging the file to the computer first and after that to the other device when you want to shift it.
Old 06-09-2011

My target device is the external hard drive and there is no problem to transfer files from my computer to the drive directly.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,