Thread: Which version of Windows 7 is to purchase?

Which version of Windows 7 is to purchase?

I am having the Acer Aspire 5515 which is having the Windows Vista running in that and I just want to get rid of this operating system. I would prefer the Windows XP but there are no longer support for that operating system therefore the sensible thing would be to purchase Windows 7. But I am unsure that if my laptop is going to support the Windows 7 or nor or which version should I buy for this. I am completely confused between the 32 bit & 64 bit. Can somebody guide me in the right direction to select between these two options?

Re: Which version of Windows 7 is to purchase?

If you are not sure about this then, my suggestion would be to go for the 32 bit version only. That will be good for you. I am using the same with my Acer laptop and that is working great or me.

I have not tried this before but I found that there is system scan from the Microsoft/Windows website and it will help you to know that whether your system is ready to use the Windows 7 or not. In my case, I am using the Home Premium and I can say that it is really good for home/ everyday use,, games and likewise. But there is one problem with this and that is you will be restricted to just the 16GB of RAM. You will be able to make use of the 64-Bit if your computer is fulfilling the entire requirement for this. There is one major difference is 32 bit and he 64 bit and that is 64 bit permits more responsive operating system. I hope that this will help you to decide which version of the Windows 7 to purchase.

Here is the link for the program which will tell you that if your computer is compatible for this or not. So, just check for that and see if you can use the Windows 7 or not.

As you told that you are running the Windows Vista in your laptop right now then I think that it will surely going to support the Windows 7 as well. You can also install the 64 bit version and that will work without any problem. But I don’t think that you will require that and I am saying this because your laptop is having support for only 4 GB of RAM.

I would like to tell you that a 64-bit version is typically quicker while it comes to programs as well as applications which can take benefit of increased amount RAM that the operating system is able to support. It can handle background tasks in enhanced way through the additional RAM. I might have been wrong while I said "more responsive." Perhaps I ought to said, "Handles system tasks better." So my suggestion to you is go for the 64 bit version and that is only going to give you the exact feeling of Windows 7. I am using the same and I am very happy with that.

I can say that the windows 7 is one step up as of the Windows Vista except that is not as large a leap as you may assume. Anyway, switching to Windows 7 will be a great experience and you can go for 32 bit only as that is not bad also.

Even though a 64 bit OS can handle extra memory it will also take additional memory and extra resources, thus if system isn't good enough or if it doesn't have 4gb+ ram than system will be slower. Also a program doesn't run quicker through more ram except it uses plenty of ram similar to video editing software where the cpu would have to empty and block the ram at the same time to not fill it, indicates fewer cpu resources intended for the task otherwise background tasks.

Windows 7 won't be out for a different year (supposedly fall 2012) granted that the beta is declared to be turning out soon inasmuch as w8 is declared to be having a 12 month beta. I've attempted vista and 7 on a moderate laptop and can tell you it is an observable distinction, 7 is much preferable at memory administration. However would not be able to be worth it if you're acquiring it at $100. I got it for $30 learner cost.

64 bit can hold underlying tasks assignments in improved method through the additional RAM support. I may have been wrong while I declared "more responsive." Perhaps I should stated, "Handles framework assignments preferred." So my prescription to you is strive for the 64 cycle form and that is just heading off to give you the careful feeling of Windows 7. I am utilizing the same and I am particularly joyful with that.