Thread: Windows 7 won't let me edit information I.E. mp3 file

Windows 7 won't let me edit information I.E. mp3 file

Currently I am trying to edit the information for the mp3’s so they are all organized in the iTunes, but the problem is that it is not allowing me to do. I have also tried to use iTunes and it is not letting me alter the information related to that. In short windows 7 is not allowing me change the information in Mp3 file. Any related information will be appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 won't let me edit information I.E. mp3 file

The solution for your problem is very easy. You just need to right click Mp3 file and then click on the properties. After that switch to the “Detail” tab and after that you can edit the information on your Mp3. Something like Artists of the song, or the title or composer of the song. But if you cannot change the information then you have to contact Apple support for more information related to this.

Thank you for the solution that you have provided but the problem is that this solution is not so helpful for me, because I am able to reach the details tab but after reaching there I am not able to edit the information. I have also checked that the files are read only or not but the thing is that the files are not read only. Then also I am not able to edit the files. If you can provide any other information then please let me know about it.

I think I am also having the same problem, currently I am trying to open the details tab, but the problem is that I am not able to enter any data. Actually the problem is the my media library is entirely unusable mess as a result. I am not using iTunes but only using WMP. One more thing I want to add here is that. Recently I have upgraded my computer system from windows vista to windows7.

This is really irritating, all the musing that I was having is now is not organized, it was working fine when I was using windows vista on my computer system. I am trying to reorganize the Mp3 but it is not allowing me to do. Is there any help you can provide for solving the problem I am facing. Unable to organize my own data is really annoying.

I have mp3 files which I cannot change the properties. I go to the summary tab, and then in the advanced and I can only change the track number and title. But I would like to change all fields, author, album, year, no track, and kind of Zique etc. I never have the same names of artists when I using this. The only good thing about this is that I am not the only who is facing this problem.

Okay, guys. I think I figured it out. Try closing out of any program in which the file might be currently open/running. See the if that works. It did for me. Cheers.