Thread: File disappears after editing properties in windows 7

File disappears after editing properties in windows 7

I am running the Windows 7 in my computer. Actually problem is when I open and edit any of the images in my computer and then hit the apply button then I found that the file get disappeared from its place. I am doing this from a long time and it never happens. I am not able to understand that what is the problem with this and how it can be resolved. If you know anything that can help me then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: File disappears after editing properties in windows 7

What is the software that you are using to do the editing? I think that there might be some problem with the software. Try to make use of some other image editing software and see if that can solve this problem.

I think that the file might be 'hidden' and that is the reason that you are not able to see those files. I am not saying that this is the problem for sure but it will not be a bad idea to check for this possibility once. To make that visible, first of all, open the Windows Explorer and after that select organize > folder. There see for the options > view > show hidden files and then click on the apply button. Now go to the location where the file was originally saved and see if that is visible there or not.

There is one alternate option for this and that is to choose the files that you have problem with and after that right-click on that file to get to the Properties and modify them to be not hidden and not read-only. They are of different color and this is because the Windows will build the hidden files with the lighter shade as compared to the regular files.

It turns out that I had somewhat similar problem, is what happened to you but that was on the partition serial SATA disks and NTFS? I found a way to recover them because I quickly realized that it was a bug in Windows Explorer, because the files that were available seemed to have disappeared by the reading software is still in the history of use and I managed to get the visibility of these files by performing a simple repair windows error. Now click on disk partition> properties> tools> error checking "Check Now". It will then restart and let the verification and repair errors and everything will be back to normal as normal.

Is this happening to all type of files or just with some particular file type? I also think that there may be some default folder for the where all edited files are saved. So search for any such thing.

This is surely virus problem. Just scan the computer with some updated anitivirus and then clean all the files which are infected. If the file is not able to cleaned then you can simply delete that file but before taking that action, you should make sure that it is not the system file.