Thread: USB ports suddenly stop in Windows 7

USB ports suddenly stop in Windows 7

I am the windows 7 user having problems with my USB port, after working for the long time my USB mostly stop processing so to overcome from this situation I have to restart my computer. In starting this kind of problem occurred sometime but now in these days it occurs more than thrice, so I just want to know the better solution from you guys, kindly need help me out.

Re: USB ports suddenly stop in Windows 7

This kind of problems occurs if your USB have some fault. Or there might be USB driver problems of installation or version of the driver.

This mostly happen due to sudden loss of power, just tries to connect your USB with other device and check whether the same problems occurred in that system also, if yes then your USB have some fault else you should try another process. Some time when we suddenly insert or remove the USB, the USB Port May stop responding, and whenever System port in this state it not able to recognized any USB device and so the USB device is not functioning properly.

You can use the device manager to solve this kind of problems, for this you have to start the Device Manager to scan for those changes in hardware so that it might scan for the device you are looking for to use. You have to follow this simply steps to recognized the change in the hardware Click the start button present on lower Left of the Windows Screen open Run and after that you have to type devmgmt.msc and press the OK button so that the Device Manager pops up now select your computer and click the Action, after that click the Scan for hardware changes. Check for the USB Devices whether it’s working properly or not this may help you out.

You just disable and re-enable your USB controllers. Which will recover the USB Port from its unresponsive condition? In Device Manager the USB Port is represent by USB Controller.
    If you are not happy with higher troubleshooting, try these simple steps
    To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, go behind these steps
    • Click Start, and after that click run.
    • Type devmgmt.msc, and after that click OK.
    • Device Manager opens.
    • Spread out Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Scroll down to find items.
    • Right Click the first USB controller below USB controller, and after that click Uninstall to take out it.
    Repeat Spreading for each of the USB Controller scheduled under USB controllers. Now Restart your System. After your System start your system automatically scan for the change in the hardware and reinstall and reinstall all the Universal Bus Controllers you have uninstalled. Now finally check whether your USB is working properly.