Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

way to boot directly to desktop in Windows 7

Operating Systems

Old 04-09-2011

way to boot directly to desktop in Windows 7

Hey hi all, I would like to know the way to how to boot directly to the desktop in Windows 7 without clicking on my username on the login screen. In my system I am using only one user account and this is not password protected. So in this case I will like to know about the any way that how to login in the directly the desktop in Windows 7. It started booting to the login screen and I am not able to find any setting to stop it.

Any suggestions?

Old 04-09-2011

Re: way to boot directly to desktop in Windows 7

There are ways around this problem, but I do this: Go to Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Computer Management. Expand "Local Users and Groups", select "Users" and you should see your account on the right pane. Right click on your account and password.
Follow these steps:

1. Click Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2" without quotes.
2. Highlight your account and uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this equipment."
3. Click Apply.
4. Enter your password, click OK.
5. Click OK and you're all done
Old 04-09-2011

But not only set a password? I have the same problem. I had a password before and now I removed it because I did not need more, and now when I load my computer does not go directly to the desktop. What I mean is, why do you say another password?
Old 04-09-2011

I'm sure it was smart enough to go to next step if a password was set and. If you had a set password, or has a password, just follow the steps, and can be configured as ever you like.
Old 04-09-2011

Quote:
1. Click Start, Run and type "control userpasswords2" without quotes.
2. Highlight your account and uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this equipment."
3. Click Apply.
4. Enter your password, click OK.
5. Click OK and you're all done
Well, you're absolutely right. But you can skip the first part. You do NOT need to set a password. so basically just follow steps 1 to 5 and leave your password blank if not using it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,