Thread: Is it possible to recover deleted HFS+ partitions in Windows 7

Is it possible to recover deleted HFS+ partitions in Windows 7

I consider my 2tb external USB 3.0 HDD has been corrupted (only file system) and following attempting to make a backup of 200 GB Steam games set, the PC crashed middle through. The cause is the vanishing drive games were on. I rebooted to merely come across that my HDD was corrupt. The partitions were very well apart from it read like RAW not HFS+. I tried to recover records by the use of gparted live cd as well as testdisk. Unluckily I'm now left by way of no partitions plus a "bare" drive consistent with Windows. I believe my files are unbroken. Is it achievable to restore the partition map as of Windows otherwise bootable disc?

Re: Is it possible to recover deleted HFS+ partitions in Windows 7

I think that you cannot do it from windows it would be better that will create a partition in that format, you can use partition magic or paragon partition manager to the partition, and to avoid problems in the partition disk defragment program etu, before doing

Stellar Phoenix Windows Data Recovery is a Windows Data Recovery Software which returns information / lost data from FAT file system, NTFS and exFAT and saves them to a new file. Work on various storage media such as hard drives and memory cards. E 'equipped with a CD and reboot for Professionals for almost all the licenses, which can be used if the system will not boot. This partition recovery tool is able to make images of hard disk and clone it, except that which concerns the status and characteristics of the Disk SMART

Need if you or one of those soft recovery. Do not do it in Windows, is not going to be useless. Do it on the Mac with Disk Rescue II or any of those. And there is no difference here between "delete data from a partition" and "format to another file system" ... because you did was completely erase the partition and create a new one with another format.

I have a 320GB SATA hard drive where I installed Mac OSX and Windows 7. A few days ago I installed Ubuntu partition HFS 10.10 on MacOS X and I started using ubuntu. Given that Win7 will not start I have inserted the installation CD to restore the boot win7 and accidentally I deleted the EFI partition of 200 mb and ext4 partition of ubuntu. The fact is that the Desktop folder in Ubuntu was a very important and now will not start anything. I should point out that the partitions have been deleted but not formatted. I then tried to boot Linux live cd and use disk testing but a quick scan of the partition efi HFS (MAC) and NTFS (win 7) and not the ext4 partition.

Good tutorial published by Linux, which helps to understand what may be the most useful tools for recovering deleted data from a partition. How-to are used TestDisk and PhotoRec two open source tools and platform. As said the great thing about these two programs is that you can use on Windows, Linux, BSD and Mac.

The HFS + partition appear as a "white paper at the corner horny" in Disk Utility, and the FAT32 partition as a conventional hard drive icon. It is noted about it: - Format: Mac OS Extended-Respect for the privileges: NO - capacity: 130 GB - number of folders and files: 0 - and no more info on everything else. I can remove the partition, and the icon becomes a hard drive icon in Disk Utility, and his name is grayed out. If I INSTALL DISK, the icon becomes a blank page and does not rise to the burro...

It was a bit long as descriptive, but if it can give you an idea of the disease that my disk was working fine before, with two partitions.

The unit Raise Data Recovery for HFS + is composed for recuperating lost or erased records from organized with HFS + saves that are made utilizing Apple's Mac OS is dead set. This incorporates current one Apple MacOS consumption Journalled HFS +-underpinned index framework. The product backs hard plates, removable media, memory visualizations, virtual circles of virtual machines that are made utilizing virtualization product the most merchants. The programming is at first proposed for restoration of distinctive plates or circle volume, but it additionally underpins information recuperation from RAID utilizing RAID Access Plugin-RAID Builder. The unit might be all by UFS Explorer Standard Recovery-recognize and analyze index frameworks backed, but information access and recuperation is just ready for Apple's HFS + document framework.

This is the point of having two partitions: one for passing documents to PC MAC, and the other to receive (in the future perfect tense) an OS X backup. Before my breakdown, PC recognizable and not FAT32 HFS +. The computer is a great mystery unfathomable and chaotic, I will try though.

I tried DiskWarrior, which says that the directory of the HFS partition to be rebuilt and replaced. Well. Action: Rebuild! The result is successfully rebuilt for DiskWarrior, but in fact nothing has changed! Still no HFS partition. And if I raise DiskWarrior, it would once again rebuild the beast... I tried changing the permissions with SuperGetInfo, LaCie Backup do not want to hear, and MountMe not recognize the partition!!