Thread: How to move Win 7 System Files in a new HD

How to move Win 7 System Files in a new HD

I newly assembled a new computer and by mistake I had both hard drives plugged to the board while I installed windows. Now I am facing some difficulty to install the windows because of some memory problem and finally when I got it to work then I put the 100 MB's of System Files in one of my hard drives and remaining to one other drive. Now I want all the files to my new 1.5 TB drive. I am searching that if there is some simple way for moving the System Files to 1.5 TB drive devoid of formatting drive.

Re: How to move Win 7 System Files in a new HD

If the system files or any of the other files that you need to backup is having the operating system then you will just have to run it up and then transfer that to the external device. Once you are done with that then you will have to then load up your OS on the new HDD and then transfer the file.

I really do not know that what you will have to in order to get this issue resolved but I know that there is one method to install the operating system devoid of getting that tiny partition. On the screen where you can select that which partition is to be selected to install to, just choose advanced and after that make the partitions you require to make. Then while you did each partition needed, format it. After that click on next. Windows will tell you it require to make a 100MB partition through boot files on it. Then click on OK, then previous in order that you are reverse at the partition screen. You then remove that recently fashioned 100MB partition, then Next over again. It won't construct it back. It will go to the subsequent steps.

I would like to tell you that there are some of the hard disk manufacturers who are providing the utility which can do that without any problem. If you wish to check that then you will have to go to the website of the drive manufacturer and see for the support section and check if that is available for that or not. If this fails then there is one more option and that is to make use of the Norton Ghost which will permit you clone from one drive to another. These are the only two things that I can suggest you for now and I hope that it will be helpful to you.

If you search on the internet then you will get one tool as CloneZilla and with the help of that you will be able to clone the hard drive to another hard drive otherwise one partition to some other partition. You can also clone the hard drive to the image and partition to the image. It is very much like the Norton Ghost but the only difference is that it is having support for additional file system. So my suggestion to you is to make use of the CloneZilla live CD.

I also agree that CloneZilla live CD will be helpful to you as I have sued that and was helpful to me.

There might be some problem with the Windows 7 DVD that you are trying to use. If you want to ensure that then you can simply make use of some other copy of the Windows 7 DVD and see if that is doing the same for you. I don’t think that it will do the same for you if this issue is related to the corrupted DVD.