Thread: Install Windows 7 on Dell Optiplex 280

Install Windows 7 on Dell Optiplex 280

I have been using the Dell optiplex 280 from the past several months. The system does not contain any HDD now because the old one was ruined by me. Now I am planning to install a new SATA 500GB HDD. Furthermore I would like to install and run the Windows 7 in it. Do you think that it is possible?

Re: Install Windows 7 on Dell Optiplex 280

The computer manufacturer Dell has announced that for a large part of its current systems now certified driver for the new operating system Windows 7 is available. The offer is aimed primarily at business customers. This was after Dell to the company, asked the driver for Windows 7 to make about your website ready to test it extensively before switching to the new operating system. Even for home users, the database driver from Dell may be helpful. Thus, while most drivers are also available through Windows Update to automatically obtain, but the version offered there may not be up to date on the Dell Support Portal, however, always download the latest editions of the driver.

Were for PCs and notebooks, which are delivered from the data center since August 2009 and delivered, are a Windows 7 Professional license is included in the package, ie the installation of Windows 7 Professional is available at no cost. For installation on older PCs and notebooks must have a license to be purchased. All Workgroup Manager and Managers have titanium soft1 access to our sources, Windows 7 installation software on the server, other users access rights granted on request.

Depending on the desired version (32-bit or 64-bit), Microsoft says you need at least:
    • CPU with 1 GHz
    • 1 GB of RAM (32-bit version) otherwise 2 GB of RAM (64-bit version)
    • 16 GB (32-bit version) otherwise 20GB hard-disk space (64-bit version)
    • DirectX 9-compatible graphics adapters with WDDM Driver

A larger RAM (2 GB or more) as other Windows versions highly recommended, as is a dual-core CPU. If in doubt, you can program Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor can use to determine whether your PC for Windows 7 is suitable. On hardware for which no 64-bit driver is available, of course, cannot have 64-bit Windows versions are used!

I think it unlikely there will be people out there who want that old hardware to install this new version of Windows on it, but if someone gets bitten by curiosity, I'm aware that the sound and video drivers provided by the service support Dell site work very well, and that the integrated wireless network card - a ProWireless Intel 2200 b / g - you can download the relevant drivers from the Intel site.