Thread: Problem installing windows 7 on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa2548

Problem installing windows 7 on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa2548

Okay I am using a Amilo Pa2548 notebook with a SATA drive. When I try to install windows 7, it takes a very long time on expanding files window. It like freezes on that screen. It shows that the installation process is still running. It happened like two to three times at 15% and then once on 18% and doesn't go further. It just gets stuck on that screen. The mouse is working and the HDD activity light is also working fine.
    I am new to this computer world, so can some one help me out over here.?

Re: Problem installing windows 7 on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Pa2548

Now over as you mentioned that the process starts but then freezes after some time and most of the time after completing 15% to 18%.. So there can be some issue with the DVD ROM or the disc itself. Try getting a DVD lens cleaner disc which will clean the lens of your DVD ROM's lens. And if you are having another OS already installed then try running some other disc's on that DVD ROM. Because we are not yet sure what exactly the issue is, is it with the disc or the DVD ROM.

Hey I checked the DVD ROM and it works fine. I got a Lens cleaner and cleaned my drives lens but still is not working fine yet. I do have another Operating System which is Windows XP. I tried running other disc and all were running fine. I also checked with a Movie disc and played it and that also played fine without any problem.
    I checked with the Windows 7 disc also and that also looks fine.
    I am actually confused. What should I do.?

This had happened with me also before when I was trying to install Windows Vista on my Sony Vaio Laptop. Even my installation process got stuck at 16% so I then closed everything and started all over again but then again it went fine till 15% and then froze on 16%. So then checked the Vista disc and got it replaced. And that solved my issue. The disc which I was using had gone bad. Though it looked proper and fine without any scratches on it. I guess there was some issue at time of its manufacturing in the factory.
    So check with the disc once again. I am sure there might be some issue with it.

Yeah finally issue is resolved. There was some issue with the disc. I got the disc replaced and the newer one is working fine without any problem. But then I had checked the disc before and showed up fine without any problem then what went wrong all of sudden.? Any ways its working fine now, so I'll leave it the way it is running for now.
    Thanks a lot guys for your help and showing so much of concern in my issue. Thanks once again

Hello!
    I hope someone can help me!

I've Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pa 2548 too! I installed windows7 and everything went well untill the OS didn't find the driver of Wirless board.

I looked for the driver in fujitus simens site but i didn't find it.

Now, my wireless disabled

Could you help me?

Quote Originally Posted by paolo.e View Post
    I installed windows7 and everything went well untill the OS didn't find the driver of Wirless board.
    Probably, Vista drivers too work in Windows 7 operating systems. SO, you should try installing Wireless Vista drivers for your system as well. It should help. Try downloading the required drivers from here. Or:

WLAN miniCard D2301 & USB D1705

Tks Orlando!

I'll do it!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo.e View Post
    Tks Orlando!

I'll do it!

Hello I am a new user to this community. I have problem with my OS Win 7 I installed on my old Amilo pa 2548. It is responding very slow for any commands or clicks the HDD indicator is continusly glowing. It takes too much time to install updates. the screen remain frozen for long time before responding to a click. can anyone help me to solve this problem.