Thread: Windows Xp Doesn't Recognize Your Computer's Dvd-rom Or Cd-rom?

I have a computer at home. I have windows xp installed in my computer. Previously I was having windows vista installed but recently I just formatted my computer and installed windows xp. I have been installing different versions all the time. This time I have noticed that after installing windows xp operating system in my pc, os is not recognizing the dvd-rom present. I don’t why. I try to eject the dvd-rom by pressing the dvd-rom eject button, but nothing happens. I have tried doing this from desktop too. It looks as hive there is dvd-rom installed in my cpu. Please tell me how to resolve this issue? Any suggestions would be grealty appreciated.

Re: Windows Xp Doesn't Recognize Your Computer's Dvd-rom Or Cd-rom?

I have had the same issue long time back after installed windows xp in my pc. So to resolve this issue I would like you to follow these steps.
    • Click Start Menu > Run > there type "regedit" in the text box and press OK to open Windows Registry Editor.
    • After this, go to this address:

H_L_M\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{3d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

• Then, go to the Registry menu and select "Export Registry File" to make a Backup from your registry entry.
    • Delete "UpperFilters" or "LowerFilters" keys if present.
    • Close Windows Registry Editor and reset your Computer.
    • Go to the control panel> click System > go to Hardware tab and click on the Device Manager Button.
    • In Device Manager List, click on Device marked with "?", from Action Menu select Uninstall and press ok to uninstall device.
    • From Action menu try to select "Scan for hardware changes" to Scan your system and install DVD-ROM or CD-ROM.
    I hope this resolves your issue.

Re: Windows Xp Doesn't Recognize Your Computer's Dvd-rom Or Cd-rom?

I think that the dvd rom is got corrupted and hence would suggest you to get it unplugged and take it to any hardware shop. If your dvd rom is not proper then get it alright and try to connect back to the computer.