Thread: How to create your own setup file with Microsoft Windows XP

Rajni Guest

How to create your own setup file with Microsoft Windows XP

Hi friends I want to know that is there any way to create the installation file for installing our files or programs. I am using windows XP in my computer and I really want to know about this thing. if anyone has any idea then . Please help me.

Re: How to create your own setup file with Microsoft Windows XP

I have a solution for this. to create your own inmstalltion file you have to follow this steps.
    • First open the start menu by clicking on the start and after that you has to click on the run.
    • Now you have to type Iexpress in Run and after that click on the ok.
    • Now you will see the Iexpress Wizard and after that you have to select the “Create new self extraction directive file” and after that you have to click on the Next button.
    • Now after that it will show you the description of the final result and then you have to click on the next.
    • After that you have to type the name of the installation file and then select the next button.
    • Now after that you have to select the next again and if you want user to confirm the install package then select the second radio and after that click on the next.
    • Now after that it will give you option for the License agreement and if you don’t want to that then click on the next.
    • Now you will get the option for the add your files and there you have to add your files and click on the next.
    • Now after that if you want to put any finish message then write here otherwise click on the create setup file.

Now your file will be created.

Rajni Guest

Re: How to create your own setup file with Microsoft Windows XP

This the exact things what I was looking for and after reading this steps I have tried that in my computer as I am also using windows XP operating system in my computer. Now with the help of your steps I have created one setup file just to check whether it is working or not and after that when I tried to run that setup file at that time it really worked. I don’t know why windows have hide this features. This may help lot of users who wants to create their own setups. Thank you for this.