Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 27-08-2011

Reset Dell Inspiron 1545 to factory settings without using "Repair your Computer"

On my Dell Inspiron 1545 I have installed the Windows 7. Before that it was running windows Vista. Now the problem is the F8 menu no longer to contain the choice 'Repair Your Computer' even though the restore partition appears to be untouched. Is there in any case I can carry out this restore devoid of the 'Repair Your Computer' option otherwise still in any case I can obtain that preference back? Noticeably I've previously got every one of data backed up. I do encompass the unique DVDs thus at nastiest I may perhaps carry out a total restore from that except it indicates having to reload every one of the drivers, and so on and would take somewhat a extended time.
Old 27-08-2011

Re: Reset Dell Inspiron 1545 to factory settings without using "Repair your Computer"

Here I will provide you directions since to how you are able to reformat dell laptop HDD as well as restore the factory image. You will require your vista DVD intended for this. I will be considering that C: is OS partition as well as D: is recovery partition.
  • Boot the PC by the use of Windows vista DVD.
  • Choose Repair. Afterward choose command line.
  • Go to r recovery drive and after that to the tools directory by using command prompt :
    Code:
    d:
    cd tools
  • Afterward type this on top of the command prompt :
    Code:
    imagex /apply d:\dell\image\factory.wim 1 c:\
  • This will begin the recovery procedure which will finish itself within 10-15 minutes.
  • Type exit and Reboot your PC from your HDD.
Old 30-08-2011

Re: Reset Dell Inspiron 1545 to factory settings without using "Repair your Computer"

In fact with DELL, if you want to re-have the exact configuration you had when you opened the box Dell, you must press F11 when you see the Dell logo at startup (sometimes you have to press CTRL several times for 11 you see the window of restoration). In 5 minutes you find yourself with a brand new computer, all clean, as it was when you received it! If you do the same, but with CTRL + F8, start the application of self diagnosis.

Another option is to format the partition to NTFS which is not identifying the system, then expand the partition active (left with a single partition), go to the manufacturer's website and download the programs that appear there for your model. A major drawback though, probably on vista and Win7: the restoration is done on a single partition, and Vista (as seven I think) then does not reduce partoches as you will, to go through another tool.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,