Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Shared tab missing!

Operating Systems

Old 25-08-2011

Shared tab missing!

When using Windows 7 Professional and exploring to a network folder (via UNC path), I have created a folder on the server, but I'm unable to "share" it because the "sharing tab" is missing. When I "right click" and select "properties" of the folder....the only options I get is "General, Security, Previous Versions and Customize". I'm stumped. I'm an administrator on my PC as well as the server. Is this a "known" bug or does anyone have any ideas. I also enabled "Network Discovery" option as well.

Thanks in advance!

Old 17-09-2011

Re: Shared tab missing!

Hello did you check with the Security Accounts Manager service you have to started it and set it as automatic. to perform that you have to go to the control panel and from their select Administrative Tools and after that from there select services. once you reach there after that from their you have to find Security Accounts Manager on list and then right click on it and open Properties menu and after that from there you are able to set the Startup type toward automatic. and once you done with it then after that your sharing tab is back. i hope this will help you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , , ,