Thread: Getting "Smsc.exe no disk" error message on windows XP

Getting "Smsc.exe no disk" error message on windows XP

Hello I have installed the windows XP operating system and everything on the system working fine without any issue but while inserting the USB on mine system I have got the error message saying that:” Smsc.exe no disk”. Now I don’t what to do and how to get ride the issue, can anyone suggest on this Issue and so that I can solve mine issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting "Smsc.exe no disk" error message on windows XP

Make sure your getting the issue on safe mode or not. To run the system on safe mode you just need to press the F8 key during the rebooting and after that select the safe mode.

Make clean boot on your system. To run the clean boot you need to go through the below steps: first make click on the start icon and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: msconfig and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the system configure utility windows and under that go to the startup tab. Now on the startup tab make checkmark on the Smsc.exe process and after that make click on the ok button and then reboot the system. I hope this will help you to solve the issue.

Just go through the below location and after that delete the everything as given below exe file and after that make reboot your system for the best result and then your issue will get solved.
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe

Try to make system file checker on your system and after that go through the issue. To perform the system file checker you need to open the command prompt. Now on the command prompt type the below command:
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish this command and after that you will get the successful message and then reboot the system.

The Smsc.exe is virus and so therefore you’re getting the issue and first of all I would like to suggest you to make search for the Smsc.exe file on your system and if you get the any Smsc.exe related file then delete the all files. Once you finish the deleting and after that make scan with the updated antivirus and then let me know the issue.

Try to follow the below steps: make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: regedit and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the registry editor and under that locate to below location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    Now here look for the Smsc.exe file and once you get the Smsc.exe and then make right click on that and then select the delete. Now once you delete the everything related to Smsc.exe and after that do the same thing on the below location as well:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunServices
    Once you finish the deleting all then reboot the system for best result.

You can make system restore before encountering the issue and so I would like to suggest you to make system restore your system and after that make sure facing the issue or not. If you’re not able to solve the issue after system restore then the final solution is to make repair your operating system.