Thread: Windows 7 all Microsoft programs have reverted to the default icon

Windows 7 all Microsoft programs have reverted to the default icon

Hello I am getting this issue after updating the windows. Last night have updated the windows and after that I have found that mine all Microsoft programs have reverted to the default icon on start menu and other location as well. The programs like , SharePoint Designer, my Microsoft Lifecam software, Powerpoint, etc icon are changed to default but the all program are working properly without any issue. Just I need to hwat happen to mine all Microsoft programs icon and how can I revert back the all Microsoft programs icon. Please help me on this and thanks in advance.

Re: Windows 7 all Microsoft programs have reverted to the default icon

You just need to rebuild the IconCache.db file and after that your issue will get solved. to rebuilt the IconCache.db file you need to open the command prompt. Before opening command prompt close the all application or save the all document that you have open. Once you open the command prompt and under that type the below command:
    taskkill /IM explorer.exe /F
    CD /d %userprofile%\AppData\Local
    DEL IconCache.db /a
    shutdown /r
    Now you IconCache.db file will rebuilt and your issue will get solved.

You might see if running a sfc /scannow command may be able to fix your issue and to run the sfc/scannow open the command prompt. On the command prompt you need to type the below command:
    Sfc/scannow
    Once you finish the command and after that reboot the system and then let me know the issue.

Make right click on the program that you want to change the icon and after that select the properties. Now on the properties go to the shortcut tab and under that make click on the Change Icon button. Now on the Change Icon windows select the image that you want and after that make click on ok button. normally the windows 7 image icon are located at:
    C:\Windows\System32\imageres.dll
    C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll

Once you finish this and after that follow the same steps to other application as well.

Its sound like you have issue on the windows updated and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make system restore before encountering the issue and after that make sure you’re getting the issue. To make system restore you need to go through the below steps: first make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the all programs. Now on the all program select the accessories and after that click on the system tools. Now on the system tools select the system restore. Now on the system restore application make check mark on the different restore point and after that click on the next button. Now on here enter the date before encountering the issue and after that make system restore on your system.

If you’re not solved the issue after making the system restore then I think your operating system have been corrupted and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make repair your system. If you’re not able to make repair then make contact the support and after that make repair your system.