Thread: How To extent boot drive volume In Windows 7 ?

How To extent boot drive volume In Windows 7 ?

Hi, I have recently installed widows 7 in my machine and I have found that the boot drive has very less amount of space left and because of that the windows always prompt for the low space, so is there any way through which we can simply Shrinking Windows 7 Partitions ? though I have very small capacity HDD but still it would be better if I just move some of the partition size with the boot drive so that the organization would be faster. Any suggestion would be surely appreciated.

Re: How To extent boot drive volume In Windows 7 ?

Off course you can do this, but for that you have to visit the Microsoft’s website so that you’ll get the exact steps wise procedure to do the same thing as you have mentioned.

if you don’t know how to do this with windows 7 then you can simply make use of the third party tool as well for the same thing, there are too many by means of Partition Manager Software, I don’t know whether you are aware about that or not but if you search on the internet you’ll get the software and the stepwise procedure as well.

I have done this my windows 7 thus I would like to suggest you the steps that I had carried so just follow them and you are ready to go.

• First of all you have to click on the Start Menu and open Control Panel.
    • When it opens there would be so many options regarding different activities thus among them you have to select Administrative Tools and that you’ll get under System and Maintenance category.
    • As the option open you have to Double-click on the Computer Management icon, as you click on that a window will appear on the screen called Computer Management.
    • From that window there would be so many options listed at the left corner so among then select Disk Management icon and you will be now able to seethe Disk Management utility. And from there only you can see the partitions on your computer and off course some alteration options as well.

• To expand the partition we requite to right click on the partition we desire to work with and select the Extend option. So select the one which you want to expend.
    • As you click the option a wizard screen will come into view thus just follow the instructions written on that as press the Next button to continue. As you select each next button it will open a new screen listing different options.
    • The next screen will permit you to choose the available gratis space on your drives that you can use to extend the space.
    • windows 7 will automatically select the partition with free space they would be shown under the Available selection and then select next again.
    • After doing this you will be offered with a verification screen. so just press finish and then the windows 7 will carry one the firther steps.

Thanks for the reply I have done it and really it works.