Thread: Unable to drag and drop desktop icon, folder and files on windows 7

Unable to drag and drop desktop icon, folder and files on windows 7

Hello i have windows 7 operating system with me, from last some days my system not working good and I have issue with mine system. My problem is I am not able to move and drag anything on mine system and mine system has been locked up. Last night I have tried to move the desktop icons and folder from my desktop but nothing happen. Now don’t how to solve this issue, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Unable to drag and drop desktop icon, folder and files on windows 7

Try to remove the default context menu of windows explorer and to do this just go through the below steps: first make click on the start icon and after that click on the search. Now on the search type: regedit and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the registry editor and under that locate to the below location:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer!NoViewContextMenu
    Now here delete the default context menu and after that click on the ok button and then reboot the system for best result.

Type the below command on the command prompt and after that reboot the system:
    regsvr32 /i shell32
    Here make sure your you have given space after regsvr32 and there is also space between I and shell

If above all solution not working to solve the issue then you can also make system restore to solve the issue and so therefore i would like to suggest you to make system restore before encountering the issue. To make system restore make click on the start icon and after that click on the all programs. Now on the all programs go to the accessories and after that click on the system tools. Now on the system tools select the system restore and under that make click on the different restore point and then click on the next button. Now here enter the date before encountering the issue and after that make system restore on your system.

I think there something wrong with your system files and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make system file checker on your system and after that go through your issue. To make system file checker on your system you just need to follow the below steps: first you need to open the command prompt and after that you need to type the below command on the Command prompt:
    Sfc/scannow
    Now once you finish this and after that hit the enter and then reboot the system.

If above all solution not working to solve the issue then I would like to suggest you to make repair your operating system and after that let me know the issue. To repair your operating system you need to have installation CD of the operating system.