Thread: Windows 7 installation failed due to error, "The Wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD"

Windows 7 installation failed due to error, "The Wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD"

Hi, I have gotten very serious problem with the machine as I when I was trying to install windows 7 in the machine I was getting this error,

"The Wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD"

Any idea what could be the problem, because I have almost search on every technical sites but didn’t got the solution for this. any suggestion would appreciated.

Re: Windows 7 installation failed due to error, "The Wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD"

While installing the windows remove all other device which is connected to the machine, I mean to say if you have more than one HDD connected to your machine so you should try to disconnect them and then try to install the windows again in the machine.

If you are still pursuing the same error message, it might be possible that somebody has reported defective DVD media and returned a replacement from the place they purchased it from.

Re: Windows 7 installation failed due to error, "The Wrong volume is in the drive. Please insert volume GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD"

see If you have an older PC then you may have SATA-I support, the Maxtor may have worked fine but newer drives are SATA-II and thus it will not run until you switch it back to 'SATA-I' mode. And make sure that you have such a driver as well because not all drive support the jumper option but you can check the respective website of your HDD for the further information.

If the same things is happening then according to you should try to call Amazon support and ask, they may still be capable to offer a solution.

Well as the extent to I know you will not be able to install 64-bit OS on a 32-bit OS. Hence the installation will not carry on if you are at present running a 32-bit version of Windows, thus I hope you understand as you must have to have another 32-bit version of Windows.

You can simply refer the mentioned link for additional details -

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...sked-questions

Thanks for the suggestion as I have found the solution from the page you have mentioned over here.