Thread: Got error while updating windows 7 saying "The upgrade key is not valid. Please check the key and try again"

Got error while updating windows 7 saying "The upgrade key is not valid. Please check the key and try again"

I have recently purchased Windows 7 64 bit upgrade and thinking I could advance from my Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. But I am not sure whether it is possible or not because while I was entering the Validation key I get the error message: “The upgrade key is not valid. Please check the key and try again.”

And this is the thing that made me wonder as why don’t we make such a updating as they both are from the same family. Or this is something different error I have gotten?

Re: Got error while updating windows 7 saying "The upgrade key is not valid. Please check the key and try again"

As the extent to I know it is possible to upgrading from Home Premium to windows 7 Pro and windows 7 HP to Ultimate as well with an Anytime Upgrade facility provided to us.

I think surely you must be doing some mistake over here thus according to me you should try to do the same thing again. as just click Start, and click Run and enter anytime upgrade.

As soon as you open that enter the upgrade key and just pursue the instructions. And see what happens.

Re: Got error while updating windows 7 saying "The upgrade key is not valid. Please check the key and try again"

I don’t think there would be some problem in the key provided to you, but still If you are having any problem activating the product you should try to contact the service center for sure because from there only you’ll get the exact solution. Thus I have mentioned the link, just go through it.

http://www.microsoft.com/licensing/e...n-centers.aspx

you have to contact the service according to your region.

I know you might not have been making any mistake but still while you enter the key make sure it is correct at this moment the best way is to copy and paste the key.