Thread: Windows 7 unable to recognize HDD drivers for installation

Windows 7 unable to recognize HDD drivers for installation

Hi, I was previously using windows XP in my machine and recently I was about to install windows 7 on my desktop but the thing is like when I inserted the disk in order to install windows 7, it was unable to detect the HDD.

And the whole installation gets stuck over there only, nothing went ahead a bit only.

When I go through the manual I came to know that we have to install drivers after installing an OS so what could be the problem? My the HDD is not getting detected?

Re: Windows 7 unable to recognize HDD drivers for installation

Will you please let us know the hardware that you have installed in your machine? because see there might be some problem as the BIOS itself is not able to detect the hardware. You should first of all try to make sure that all the hardware that you have installed is perfectly compatible with each other and then try to install the windows again in the machine.

Have you ever tried to install any other windows ever in the machine? if not then according to me you should try that first so that you can easily figure out whether there some problem in the hardware or in the installation disk. Thus you can either try to install the windows through other disk or you can have option to install any other windows first so that you can simply figure out what could be the exact problem.

you should try to check the diagnostic test from the BIOS so that you can simply figure out if there would be any problem in the hardware, because this is the simplest way to check whether the hardware that we installed in the machine is perfectly working or not, and most importantly you’ll come to know that the HDD is in the proper condition or not.

And if suppose you are having any issue with the Hardware only then you should make replacement with the newer hardware.

There should be too many symptoms that you have to check:

1. Make sure that the HDD is properly connected.

2. Ensure that the SATA cable that you are using is perfectly working or not.

3. If possible then try to connect another SATA cable apart from the one you have already.

4. Try HDD diagnostic from the BIOS so that you can have idea whether the HDD is working or not.

5. You should try to attach your HDD with another machine and see whether it Is able to connect or not.

6. Try to install the windows through another disk, or try installing some other operating system.

If you have more than one HDD or SSD connected to the motherboard then disconnect them. And then try to install the windows. And off course there are too many other connectors available in the market thus you have to make sure that you have the correct one. As "Purple" colored SATA connectors are generally used for the RAID driver rather "Yellow" SATA Port are used generally. And if suppose you are still not able to install the windows but you are sure as there isn’t any problem with the HDD then you should try to install the latest BIOS and then try again.

See as far as i know there isn't any such driver that we have to install prior to detect the HDD while installing any operating system thus, just forget about that.

and the one that we have to install is actually after installing the operating system only, such as video driver, audio driver etc.

I know about the connectors but still I was not getting what could be the problem, but after such a huge I didn’t found anything thus I had just called a engineer and don’t know what he had done but after that the windows installed properly, but anyways thanks for the suggestion given to me.