Thread: Need help to install windows 7 upgrade package over windows vista

Need help to install windows 7 upgrade package over windows vista

I was thinking to get the Windows 7 32 bit upgrade package, as I am currently using the Windows Vista 64 bit. I also know that when I get the upgrade package it just install over Vista, but once I have install the Windows 7, if I want to format my PC (Personal Computer) some time down the line, will I be able to use the upgraded disc of windows 7 to format or re-install? Does it will work only with the windows vista as the OS at the point of formatting? Please help me and suggest some idea or suggestion what to do. Thank you.

Re: Need help to install windows 7 upgrade package over windows vista

Actually the upgrade disk only work with the running windows, such that it work when windows is installed and is also running on your PC. You will be not able to shift from a 32 bit to a 64 bit with an upgrade product. I think you have to need the full version to do that.

I had purchased the upgrade of the Windows 7 and I have gone from 32 bit to the 64 bit operating system. I am running the Windows Vista originally. I would suggest you to run the Windows 7 advisor. Which is the software; it scans your computer and tells you that what you can install. You may get the option to install either the 32 bit or the 64 bit versions of the upgrading depending on the Windows 7 Advisor suggest you. It will suggest one or the other of your choice. Even I was to add that as for formatting you can install the Windows 7 upgrade but you have to make sure that you install it over the original operating system which was the Windows Vista.

You just check out on the internet that is your system supportive or not for the windows 7. As the requirement of the both the windows are different, also you check the requirement list for the windows 7. I think you may have to install some extra features for windows 7. If you surf the internet then you might get better ideas to do it.

I think you can upgrade a 32 bit to a 32 bit only (Windows Vista 32 bit to Windows 7 32 bit), you will not be able to upgrade to the 64 bit. If you are getting the up gradation then it is good for. I would suggest you to fully format the PC (only the windows section in the Hard disk) and install the windows 7 don’t go by the upgrade with already running windows on it. By the fully format and fully new windows it is better to use and also you will not get any problem also. The final decision is upon you to take, so decide and take the decision.