Thread: “System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied” error message while using net use on windows 7

“System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied” error message while using net use on windows 7

Hello I have installed the windows 7 operating system on mine system and everything on the system working fine without any issue but last night I have tried to Windows 7 image for deployment to be saved on a network share using Windows PE and after that I have tried to share using net use on the PE command prompt and I have typed the below code:
    net use y: \\computer_name\share_folder *
    And after doing this I have got the error message saying that: “System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied”, now I don’t what to do and how to solve this, can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: “System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied” error message while using net use on windows 7

I think you’re getting this issue due the lack of administrator privilege and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make perform the above code on the administrator or run the command prompt on administrator and after that make sure your getting the issue or not.

Re: “System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied” error message while using net use on windows 7

Do the below steps and after that let me know the issue. To do these make click on the start icon and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: regedit and after that click on the ok button. Now on the result make double click on the registry editor and under that go to the below location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
    Now here make right click on this key and after that write the below changes:
    Value Name: MinFreeConnections
    Data Type: REG_DWORD
    Decimal: 5
    Once you done and after that reboot the system for best result.

Just follow up the below steps and after that go through your issue. To do this you need to go through the below steps: make click on the start icon on desktop and after that selects the control panel. Now on the control panel choose Network and after that go to the instilled network software and then highlight Server and then choose Configure. Now on configure select the Maximize Throughput for File Sharing on Optimization section. Now once you done and after that click on the ok button and after that reboot the system for best result.

Try to restart the net use and then your bale to solve the issue. To do this first run the command as administrator. Now on the command prompt type the below and after that hit the enter after every command:
    net stop server
    net start server
    Once you done and after that type reboot the system for best result and then again type the code as typed on question.

If above all solution not working to solve the issue then repair your system.

Hello I think your issue will get solved with the above solution and if you’re not able to solve the issue and then I think you might have something wrong with the Operating system and so therefore I would like to suggest you to repair the system.