Thread: Windows 7 gives Error message "Windows is not Genuine” on my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop

Windows 7 gives Error message "Windows is not Genuine” on my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop

I have purchased the new Dell Inspiron 15R laptop for my professional and personal use 6 months ago. I have internet connection also. I don’t have any problem with the working of the device. I am using Windows 7 as my operating system. My actual problem Is when I start my device I got the message "Windows is not Genuine”. But the operating system comes with my new laptop. So there is no clue to understand the problem. because of that I have to use my device in Safe mode. Can anyone there who can give me some advice to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: Windows 7 gives Error message "Windows is not Genuine” on my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop

I read your problem and come to know that you have just common issue which can be easily solved by some methods. Here I am giving you one of the solution. First you have to detect the source of policy. For that you have to run the Resultant Set of Policy wizard by clicking on the start button. Then you have to go to RUN and then enter rsop.msc as the command. Then you have to go to Computer Configuration / Policies / Windows Settings /Security Settings / System Services / from there. You can see Plug and Play service is configured or not. Or you can also see that whether the policy is applying this setting or not.

Re: Windows 7 gives Error message "Windows is not Genuine” on my Dell Inspiron 15R laptop

I think you can solve your problem by my tricks. For that you have to use the Add method of registry key. The steps are as follow for that. First you have to copy “Merge profilelist.reg” entry on the notepad and then you have to save the file to Profilelist.reg. after that you have to reboot the server and then try to activate it.

I also had this problem some time before. So I want to give you some suggestion for that. to solve this issue you can use various techniques like you can disable the Group Policy settings and then you have to force the Group Policy to be reapplied.

After reading your description I conclude that I can give you some advice to you. here I am giving you some suggestions for that. You can edit the Group Policy in your system and then you have to change the setting to “Not Defined.” Or you can also edit permissions for the Network Service account. Then you have to force the group policy setting to reply to gpupdate /force

I don’t have clear idea to solve this problem but I can give you information about how to edit the permissions of the Group Policy. First you have to open the group policy setting. Then click to Edit Security button, and then you have to click the Advanced button after that. Then in the Advanced Security Settings for Plug and Play you have to click on Add and then add the SERVICE account. Then, press OK. After that you have to select one of the permission from the options. Then you have to run gpupdate /force when you apply the previous permissions to the Group Policy setting. I hope this will work for you.